Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Now it's 50........It's like a rash you can't help scratching

#6073 - 03/07/06 10:51 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
If you read the seller’s/manufacturer’s/inventor’s/theorist’s web sites, you see that the CLC is a product not designed to affect the playback system or the sound in any way. The purported effect is to reduce interference with and enhance the function of perception as human beings make their way through the ebb and flow of somewhat messed up time-space. As such, there is no technology-based measuring device currently available to verify the effect. The only ‘valid’ test is an individual who tries the product.

I wonder is some form of the above verbiage will make it to one or more of the seller’s/manufacturer’s/inventor’s/theorist’s web sites.

I think, however, that most listeners will note a greater change in their perception of music on their systems by listening with their eyes sometimes open and at other times closed, or with a change in mood (happy or angry, sad or hopeful, awkward when they realize they paid $200 for a $2 clock, etc.) than the same listeners will note by adding couple little clocks.

#6074 - 03/07/06 12:43 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

bestbang4thebuck, I was going to order another clock but Geoff Kait, the seller of these clocks, told me that two clocks are about as much improvement as you can get with these before the diminishing returns start kicking in but one person is using three of these clocks, audiogon and audio asylum member Wellfed, this is the person I talked to before buying these clocks. Room size, from what Geoff told me these clocks will work in very large rooms with great effect, they have not tested these to see what the room max is yet. They do not work outdoors at all but they do work in your car really good.
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6075 - 03/07/06 12:47 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
Perhaps if they had a 30 day money back guarantee?

Hehe...I think we are having way too much fun with this one...perhaps for that reason alone we should thank HFSG.

#6076 - 03/07/06 01:14 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
tulane_steve Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New Orleans, Louisiana
You have made your point. The others can read your posts and then use their own judgment. Needless to say that not all will agree with you. Personally, I'm not one to do much tweaking (along the lines of the mysterious products made by Shun Mook, etc). The only tweaking I employ is placing mass/weight on top of each of my speakers to help stabilize them and reduce cabinet vibration/resonance. To my ears, this tweak really helps to open them up. The other is using a clamping device of some sort on an LP when played (in my case it is a solid brass puck of about 1.5 lbs. with rubber on the underside). A clamp stabilizes the LP and dramatically reduces microvibrations. This tweak really does work (actually I wouldn't call this a tweak more than I would call it a necessity)...with analog, it is always best to use some form of LP clamping than none at all.

#6077 - 03/07/06 01:28 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

BloggingITGuy, they do have a 30 day money back guarantee on these clocks.
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6078 - 03/07/06 01:38 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I can honestly say that this has given me pause to ponder my life. I can't believe I could actually be selling 3 dollar clocks for $150. Why don't they teach this in school? A handful of rocks for hundreds of dollars? Are you kidding me? I may just have to change directions.

#6079 - 03/07/06 02:49 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
I was thinking about my forays into tweaking and how different my approach is to the clocks, and thought of a good experiment for anyone one the fence who has money to burn:

First, buy two of the clocks, and try them for a week. See what you think. If they don't work out, use that 30-day money-back guarantee.

Second, read Good Sound by Laura Dearborn, and try just one of the tweaks she talks about in the book (if you haven't already) relevant to your system; the book is 20 years old, so some of the stereo tweaks aren't relevant for HT.

Personally, I saw more improvement in my system's sonic performance after reading that book years ago, making adjustments that cost me nothing, than I ever did with any other change (upgrading cables, vibe isolation, power conditioner, etc.) outside of a significant component upgrade.

Anyone tries it, let me know.

#6080 - 03/07/06 03:16 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

The way I tested these clocks was putting them in my system for a week then I put them out in my car. Then listen to the same CD's again for a week on my home stereo system. This is the best way to test these because when you take these clocks out of your system and put them outdoors the effect stays in your system for a while so you can't do a quick A/B test to see whats going on.

#6081 - 03/07/06 04:14 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Approaching 60 !!!

I love this guy. If he can make 20 nonbelievers talk about this for 5 days, show their wives, girlfriends and neighbors, then he's alright in my book. HFSG doesn't seem to get rattled; he just keeps throwing it out there. I love a good prank so I think this guy is a genius.
You can bet that someone has bought a clock due to this discussion. Maybe two.

Page 6 of 45 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts