Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 45 < 1 2 3 4 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6032 - 03/04/06 08:48 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
So, I did a little Googling and found out two things, neither of which is that surprising. Maybe some long term Outlaw audio gurus already knew about the ‘tweak’ site HFSG is ultimately promoting, but today was my first visit.

1) HFSG seems to show up in several forums under different names promoting various items including colored foils and colored creams in addition to clocks with colored dots.

2) It seems that the ‘inspiration’ for many of HFSG's posts comes from a web site with a home page , a product page and a bit of waxing philosophical in a piece called “ What A Mess -- an alternate view of reality .” Some of the product descriptions . . . well, they speak for themselves.

Caution: before delving into part two too deeply, there are measures perhaps some of us should take. The preemptive cautions may range from wearing a Depends to a bit of legal moderate imbibing. I’m thinkin’ this fellow was using his Quantum Clip for some reality altering other than described in that product’s usage for improving audio, video and satellite reception.

#6033 - 03/04/06 10:18 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
I find it very ironic that someone would post that stuff here.

From what I can tell, most Outlaws are no-nonsense kind of audio/videophiles who don't believe a lot of hype when it comes to anything.

Perhaps this guy should stick to forums for Audioquest speaker cables and other "snake-oil" gear.

I mean come on. People are here because we want VALUE for our hard earned money and don't want to waste it on a bunch of crap that most likely does nothing at all.

Besides for $150 you can get a lot nicer wall clocks than that little $5 Timex jobby with a dot on it. At least then you'll have a clock that looks nice, even if it doesn't do anything for the performance of your gear. smile

#6034 - 03/04/06 11:06 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

These clocks are not snake oil, they really improved my audio/video system for the better. Everybody has different taste so just because I like them doesn't mean you will like them too.
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6035 - 03/04/06 11:19 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
HiFiSoundGuy, any chance you could post some pics to show us how you integrated them into your setup?

#6036 - 03/04/06 11:49 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

No , I do not have anyway to post pictures right now but I can tell you my room 16w by 22L and I have two large shelf cabinets right behide my couch and I have each clock up in each shelf about 5 1/2 feet up off the floor facing right across from each speaker. My couch is about 7 feet from my speakers and shelves are about 15 feet from my speakers.
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6037 - 03/05/06 08:31 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
Please please please tell me that this is either the snakeoil salesman or just someone horsing around. I have sent the link to about a half dozen audiophile friends and it has certainly generated some guffaws, but that's about it. So if you're the proprietor of the snake-oil, go away. If you're just a very confused individual who is now out a few hundred bucks for some $5 clocks, then you might want to get out more.....

#6038 - 03/05/06 08:59 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
sraber Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI
OK. I couldn't pass this up. If nothing else, at least the Clever Little Clock DOES tells time. (This is assuming of course that you can see around that annoying dot on the LCD... And that you can set the local time and not lose the acoustical benefits promised.) So while it may cost 40 times more than the Not So Clever Little Clock I can get at Target, it's not a TOTAL loss of my hard earned $'s.

No, the winner of the "Total Loss of My Hard Earned $'s" category is going to have to be the Brilliant Pebbles . Sweet! I have been looking for something to act as a "EMI/RFI absorber" for my 990. And only $129.00 for the LARGE jar!!! Audio bliss is only a jar of stones away. :p

later,
simp
Outlaw Audio Model 2200 (center)
Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
f, B&W DM604S3
c, B&W LCR600S3
ss, B&W DM302
rs,Polk M3II
HSU VTF-3 MK3
APC H-15 Power Conditioner
Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp
Denon AH-D1100 Headphones (needed a quick, cheap set. looking for an upgrade worthy of the h/p amp.)

#6039 - 03/05/06 09:54 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Audioholic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MI
I have my own patent-pending method of improving my sound system: I adjust the worn out rheostat of my cryogenically treated halogen torchiere lamp until the RFI it's emitting inside my house cancels out the bad RFI beamed in by space aliens. The good RF from my perspicacious big lamp time travels and enters a quantum universe to seek out and destroy the space alien's parents, hence preventing any bad RF from bothering me in my lifetime. This is really true - I swear it on my aluminum foil helmet!

As for the Clever Little Clock - P.T. Barnum would have loved it!

#6040 - 03/05/06 10:12 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
Personally, I'm holding out for the cold fusion theater amp. Perhaps a jar of magic beans/pebbles is all I need to get that working. Quick, call the patent attorney!

Though I do like the jar of rocks concept. Get your rocks off while listening to your stereo! The battle cry of the audiophile I say...

#6041 - 03/05/06 11:42 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Man........... Look at everyone in a lather over those clocks. You would have thought he suggested using the unbalanced connection on the 990, a 180 Amp breaker for the 7700 or a cryogenically modified, hermetically sealed, python skin sheathed, double helix 2 conductor power cord on his DVD player.

Some of the babble that has been written here over the years is no less outragous than that which HiFiSoundGuy is suggesting. It's just his opinion.

Page 2 of 45 < 1 2 3 4 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 111 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts