Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 11 of 45 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6122 - 03/11/06 02:09 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
R. Mackey Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: L.A.
Your -er, I mean, "these" products are snake oil. It's trivial to demonstrate this, as follows:

Shakti stones, Bedini ultra clarification, and Bybee purifiers will improve your system one hundred times as much as the full PWB treatment and the products you espouse.

Prove me wrong. I dare you.

#6123 - 03/11/06 02:27 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Quote:
Originally posted by HiFiSoundGuy:
I thought these products were snake oil too until I tried them for myself! You know, your room is one the most important things in your system, if you do not get the room right first it doesn't matter what other components you use in your system it will never sound very good no matter how much money you spend on it!
Scam artist, how is rubbing topical cream that literally cost more than gold all over my cds helping my room? laugh

#6124 - 03/11/06 02:35 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
eek Shudder... So now we have Silver Rainbow Foil and Cream Electret keeping the clocks company. Even if the concept of "harmful energies" didn't peg the needle on my BS meter, suggestions like the following would certainly put it in the red...

Quote:
It is also advantageous to place a strip of Silver Rainbow Foil specifically over the word 'disc' (part of the Compact Disc symbol).
Because of course the specific arrangement of ink required to form the word "disc" somehow affects the way that CD's create weird, screwed up energ patterns...

Quote:
Cream-Electret can be applied either by the tip of a finger or by a small piece of cloth. DO NOT use a paper handkerchief.
Obviously, we haven't yet evolved enough to be comfortable with the energy influences of paper...

Quote:
It is only necessary to have the thinnest coating of P.W.B. Cream-Electret. The cream is readily adsorbed onto any surface where it will form a tenacious electrical bond. It is only necessary to have a coating of one molecule thickness. After applying the cream, remove all the surplus cream with a cloth. The Cream-Electret can be used as a furniture and plastic polish.
That last makes me wonder if it will help to eliminate squeaky hinges when used to polish doors, or at least make the squeaks more musical...

I have to give Peter Belt credit for some great creativity. Somehow imagining how the development meetings must have played out for each of these just makes me chuckle (and cringe a bit).

#6125 - 03/11/06 02:40 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:
Quote:
[b] I thought these products were snake oil too until I tried them for myself! You know, your room is one the most important things in your system, if you do not get the room right first it doesn't matter what other components you use in your system it will never sound very good no matter how much money you spend on it!
Scam artist, how is rubbing topical cream that literally cost more than gold all over my cds helping my room? laugh [/b]
You can put the cream and foil on your speaker cabinets, walls and ceiling for room treatment also. You can put these products in a lot of different places with great effects!
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6126 - 03/11/06 03:03 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
R. Mackey Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: L.A.
Quote:
You can put the cream and foil on your speaker cabinets, walls and ceiling for room treatment also. You can put these products in a lot of different places with great effects! [/QB]
I tried that. It gave my system an oily, greasy sound that was completely unlistenable. Notes that had been clear before now slid around from one frequency to another as they scrambled to gain traction. The effect was particularly bad in classical, where staccatto passages would now land with dull splats as they impacted the now creamy surfaces of my listening room. However, in fairness, I must say that The Ramones improved slightly under the veneer of goo.

When I attempted to get a refund, I was informed that I would have to return the entire product. This took several weeks of careful, painstaking work with a putty knife and constant humidification to prevent the goo from drying out. I was unable to do this before the trial period expired, and my request was refused.

---

OK dude, you've had your fun, but you're not even a good liar. Remember where you're posting. We don't take kindly to tinhorns around here.

#6127 - 03/11/06 03:08 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

OK, but should I use 10 or 15 SPF?

#6128 - 03/11/06 03:18 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Remarkable... Added bonus - the aluminum foil walls shield you from alien mind control beams...

#6129 - 03/11/06 03:34 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
gonk...that's the sad part...it won't even do that! smile
Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

#6130 - 03/11/06 03:34 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Remarkable... Added bonus - the aluminum foil walls shield you from alien mind control beams...
SHHHHH!!! They might hear us.... eek

#6131 - 03/11/06 03:44 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

You just have to have an open mind when trying tweaks like this! Better sound! That's what its all about Right! Stay tuned! you might just learn something!
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

Page 11 of 45 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts