Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#60445 - 05/23/06 06:45 AM Firmware upgrade suggestions....
CI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, New York, USA
Just a note re if others run into problems in the upload of the firmware (as I had), wherein I encountered the Data Error message.

Multiple toggles of the master power switch eventually did correct the problem, concurrent with closing ALL background programs.

If the above is done, it is likely that the upgrade will indeed progress fine.

I think the problems I ran into relate to not following meticulously the above points.

BTW, the firmware changes I found to be quite useful, especially the naming of the audio inputs, and the non-toggle of the 7.1 mode.

#60446 - 05/23/06 07:29 AM Re: Firmware upgrade suggestions....
AndrewS Offline
Gunslinger

(Different AndrewS than the one referenced above)

I, too, had the "Data Error" message which I quickly got past per the instruction to hit the master power switch off and on within one second in the upgrade documentation.

What hung me up was I powered back on after the upgrade but BEFORE doing the system reset. I tried hitting some commands from the remote, and now the remote doesn't work. My Harmony works perfectly with it - so I know it's not a problem with the 990, it's definitely a problem with the remote.

I haven't gotten around to calling Outlaw about it yet...

#60447 - 05/23/06 08:27 AM Re: Firmware upgrade suggestions....
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
I used a home made computer with windows xp via the usb port to install the firmware upgrade. Following the outlaw instructions, The install went without a hitch.
CI, when did you encounter " the erase phase"?
The program would uninstall if i clicked on the set up icon after the program was installed. Other than that i didn't ecounter any uninstall or erase phase.

#60448 - 05/23/06 08:56 AM Re: Firmware upgrade suggestions....
CI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, New York, USA
I encountered the erase phase immediately after the data download initial phase; several times, the Data Error occurred immediately thereafter. BTW, the uninstall you referred to is correct; HOWEVER, the 990 remained at that point in an unusable state...even after resetting the switch from service to normal, and trying unsuccessfully to do a system reset.

The software uninstall is just that; it has no effect on the potential lockup of the 990. Fortunately, the latter is apparantly correctable, with a successful DL of the firmware.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts