Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 27 of 27 < 1 2 25 26 27
Topic Options
#60054 - 08/09/06 11:21 PM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The "Updates" link in my sig (next to the 990) has a summary of the two firmware updates and what was added in each (the second was basically a fix for one bug that cropped up in the first update).

#60055 - 08/13/06 02:42 AM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Spokane, WA
Was this every resolved by anyone? If so how did you do it? I still am getting the calibration error.. saying it did not complete because I have small fronts and large surrounds. which i don't.

I also have not installed the last software update.. does that solve this problem? I hope so. i like using the auto calibrate.. it sounds better then when i set it up manually.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyblazer:
The problem I have encountered now is that when I do the Auto Set Up.. it will not complete it anymore.. it goes thru all the speakers and sets the delay.. and then trys to set the levels.. but once finished.. it says I because I have small fronts (which I don't, I have large towers) and large surrounds (here again, I have small surrounds).. it can't complete the set up process. and recommends I power it off and set the fronts and surround manually.. which i do. and try again. and still get that error message.

So i'm confused why it is saying I have small fronts and large surrounds.... which is wrong. I wonder if it's in the subwoofer I have choosen? I have FT+LFE

I will probably have to set up the levels manually i guess with the SPL meter. frown
Parasound P/HP-850 2 CH pre
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#60056 - 08/13/06 06:28 AM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I don't know if you saw it, but back in June Scott posted this guidance on the auto-setup:
Quote:
if your surrounds are being recognized as "large", than the crossover setting is too high. If there is too much activity below the selected crossover point for an individual speaker, the auto setup system will inform you that that speaker is "large". The correct course of action is to lower the x-over setting before running the auto setup.
If you're still having trouble with auto-setup, you may want to lower all your crossover points from the default of 100Hz to something closer to 60Hz or 80Hz before running it.

#60057 - 08/13/06 01:05 PM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

my crossovers are set to 80Hz respectively... and i'm still getting the error.

I think i will do a reset today.. and see if maybe that will solve it.. then try the auto calibrate again. worth a shot anyways.
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#60058 - 08/13/06 08:11 PM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
Garrett Adams Offline
Gunslinger

I use 80Hz also. I temporarily set my four surrounds to 60Mz and the auto setup worked correctly. Afterward I switched back to 80Hz.

#60059 - 08/13/06 08:36 PM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

I will try that too. I reset the 990 today.. now it's still not successfully completing the auto calibration.. very odd. because it worked before the software upgrade.

Now after the reset.. i've got a horrible lip sync delay problem. it's not adjustable with the lip sync offset.. it needs to go the other way.. -negative lip sync, not + lip sync. eek
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#60060 - 08/13/06 11:22 PM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
neomastiff Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City
I too followed the instructions step by step (being extra careful to remove the power cord before moving the selector switch to the SVC mode. I am completely dead now...MANY device restart errors and two PCs, two USB cables, and still no success - only more devise restart errors. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on calling Outlaw tech support on Monday morning - hopefully they can help get me back to the original firmware.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by jrlouie:
I just did the upgrade. I write software for a living so I consider myself relatively good at such stuff. I got many many device restart errors. I used a USB cable. Suddenly, and I don't know why this time it worked versus others, after pushing the master on/off button and retrying the update, it worked. Pretty nerve-racking and agree that the software definitely needs to be more reliable. Maybe this time around I pushed the master on/off faster than before, who knows. I don't know if that could even make a difference.
I also just ran the auto-setup. I can guarantee my microphone is in the same exact position as before and the room has not changed. I too am getting the fronts-small surrounds-large error. Pretty annoying when a firmware updated introduces new issues.
Maybe Outlaw will make another firmware update to fix this issue. The auto-setup feature was something I really liked and was even a selling-point to me for the 990, now it's useless.

#60061 - 08/14/06 01:06 AM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
neomastiff Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City
No sooner than I posted my cry for help did my upgrade successfully completed...I have no idea what made it work after 17-20 attempts. All appears to be working fine now.

Quote:
Originally posted by neomastiff:
I too followed the instructions step by step (being extra careful to remove the power cord before moving the selector switch to the SVC mode. I am completely dead now...MANY device restart errors and two PCs, two USB cables, and still no success - only more devise restart errors. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on calling Outlaw tech support on Monday morning - hopefully they can help get me back to the original firmware.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by jrlouie:
[b] I just did the upgrade. I write software for a living so I consider myself relatively good at such stuff. I got many many device restart errors. I used a USB cable. Suddenly, and I don't know why this time it worked versus others, after pushing the master on/off button and retrying the update, it worked. Pretty nerve-racking and agree that the software definitely needs to be more reliable. Maybe this time around I pushed the master on/off faster than before, who knows. I don't know if that could even make a difference.
I also just ran the auto-setup. I can guarantee my microphone is in the same exact position as before and the room has not changed. I too am getting the fronts-small surrounds-large error. Pretty annoying when a firmware updated introduces new issues.
Maybe Outlaw will make another firmware update to fix this issue. The auto-setup feature was something I really liked and was even a selling-point to me for the 990, now it's useless.
[/b]

#60062 - 08/14/06 03:15 AM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

congrats neo.

my problem is small in compairson to other problems other people have mentioned. but most find a solution to their problem.

I did make some headway in my lip sync problem. I turned off the Pioneer DVD player for about 5 mins. that seems to help the lip sync problem so it's almost solved.. but still a slight offset on the audio and video.
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#60063 - 08/14/06 10:50 AM Re: 990 Firmware Upgrade
stubro Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, Fl
Ok I am about to go through all of these setups as well but I found a great overview of bass management on the audioholics site. This is a good overview from a newbie like myself but it also has some good detailed info.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/bassmanagementbasics.php

Sorry if it is off topic.

Page 27 of 27 < 1 2 25 26 27

Who's Online
1 registered (TJM), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM