Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#58236 - 02/28/06 08:08 AM I'm stupid
NYGIANT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia Beach, Virginia
This 990/7500 can't be this hard or I'm simply stupid. After accessing the menu and going through the set up I received audio via the CD player. The set up went according to my chart and all hooks ups were correct and matched. I am going direct DVD via DVI hook up to 990/DVI1. My DTV HD box is HMDY/DVI to 990 DVI2 and optical audio.Return to my Samsung HD DLP is via 990 out put HMDI/DVI to the DVI input on the display. The set reconizes the HMDI2 but screen says no signal received nor is there audio. Sattelite is working and all hook ups appear to match but no picture. Any suggestions as to why?

#58237 - 02/28/06 10:14 AM Re: I'm stupid
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
So the CD player is hooked up and working, but the DVD and satellite aren't getting audio or video? Let's walk through the process and make sure all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

Connections: Make sure all the cables are connected properly. You've already done this, it sounds like, but it can't hurt to double-check.

DVD setup: In the 990's INPUT SETUP/DVD SETUP screen, make sure the audio input is set to the correct digital input and the video input is set to DVI1.

VIDEO_ setup (whichever video input is being used for the DirecTV satellite box): In the 990's INPUT SETUP/VIDEO_ SETUP (or SATELLITE SETUP, or whatever the name is now if you have modified the input label), make sure the audio input is set to the correct optical input (optical1?) and the video input is set to DVI2.

Satellite receiver setup: Make sure there are no settings in place that would prevent the optical output from working when HDMI is also in use (I've heard of a few sources having trouble with the HDMI output preventing the digital audio output from operating at the same time).

TV setup: Make sure the set is using the DVI input. Then switch between the DVD input and the satellite input (video_) on the 990.

Once you've done that (much of which is probably already done), let us know if you are still missing either audio or video from either the DVD or satellite source.

#58238 - 02/28/06 10:57 AM Re: I'm stupid
NYGIANT Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk, appreciate your answer and yes all that you sugested has been done. I'm at work and will begin the struggle this evening and check all again. One other querk I have noticed the remote turns the 990 off but not on.

#58239 - 02/28/06 11:14 AM Re: I'm stupid
gonk Offline
Desperado

We'll get it figured out, I'm sure.

The 990 includes discrete power on and off commands - the "power" button provides the discrete off, while any one of the input buttons provides both input selection and discrete on. It's handy for setting up macros on third-party universal remotes.

#58240 - 03/01/06 07:52 AM Re: I'm stupid
NYGIANT Offline
Gunslinger

I've simply given up. All things were correct with one minor adjustment. DVD worked well however the satellite signal came in red then green tint and then consistently intermitent. No adjustment was possible so I simply went direct HMDI from satellite to HDTV, optical from satellite to 990. Back to perfect however a lot of money spent not to use 990. If any problem with the DVD I can also go direct from DVD via HMDI/DVI to HDTV as well.

#58241 - 03/01/06 09:15 AM Re: I'm stupid
Merlin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New England Area
I'm going to be working on my 990 that I just got this Saturday. I hope that I don't see this problem as well, since I'm counting on the DVI to work for my cable and DVD player back to the HDTV. I plan to start the 990 setup tonight to save some time but I won't be able to move speakers or the cable box until Saturday because of my schedule.

Merlin

#58242 - 03/01/06 09:59 AM Re: I'm stupid
gonk Offline
Desperado

NYGIANT's problem is unusual - I'm using my 990's DVI switching with an Oppo without any difficulty, and would expect you to be able to get it up and running just fine. Just remember to run at the very least a composite video cable from the 990's monitor out to the TV for access to the menus. If you will be using sources other than your cable and DVD that can make use of component video, a component connection from the 990 will also give you access to the menus.

#58243 - 03/01/06 10:28 AM Re: I'm stupid
NYGIANT Offline
Gunslinger

I have the Oppo as well. So far no problem with the DVD signal.

#58244 - 03/01/06 10:47 AM Re: I'm stupid
Merlin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New England Area
Good to hear Gonk. I was planning on running a component cable tonight to access the menus. I figure that I can at least get started with the setup before saturday.

Merlin

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts