Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#53984 - 06/15/05 04:50 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
CommGuru Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm another who is waiting to see if they even announce a matching 790 (or whatever they may call it) or even if they'll honor the package pricing as others have suggest. I would be happy with just that so I could order the 990.

#53985 - 06/15/05 05:33 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
merkls Offline
Gunslinger

Oil Can, I'm not offended by your post but my wife sure is! wink

-SM

#53986 - 06/15/05 05:39 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
Sorry, Mrs. merkls. cool

#53987 - 06/15/05 05:49 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
smile "Do you really think Outlaw will continue to produce a line without a consistent look and feel, each product on its own path with no relation to the others?"

They do have a consistent look, and feel. They are all designed, and sold by Outlaw, and they are all black. Please tell me how you intend to have all of your components match if they are not all made by the same company. I don't remember seeing cable set top boxes, CD players, tuners, turntables, DVD players etc. made by Outlaw.
smile

#53988 - 06/15/05 09:08 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
elikd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Well its rather interesting how I do that... I dedicate all day to creating tiny imitation Outlaw logos (with green construction paper and scissors), peel the original non Outlaw logo off the equipment and stick on my home made Outlaw Logos (using Crazy Glue). In addition, if its a different color, I go over the entire case with a permanent black marker unti it is Outlaw Black. I also scan the entire manuals and remove any reference to the original brand replacing it with Outlaw.

Since they DO have a consistent look and feel then I guess we will not see a refresh of the outlaw line that will make them similar to the 990 (since none is necessary) and the new 790 will look just like the 770. I guess we agree to disagree and we shall have to wait and see.

#53989 - 06/15/05 10:25 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
ratpack Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Alabama
barnabas: I suspect that 100 dB SPL is plenty loud. LOL!!! But, if your speakers are about as efficient as mine, that's only about 10 watts averaged among ALL of your channels.

Enjoy your audio gear.

I'm waiting to see what the new Sammy 6168 looks like. I just heard that their market entry will be delayed until about the middle of next month.

Oh, well, guess that I will just wait.

#53990 - 06/15/05 10:57 PM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
merkls Offline
Gunslinger

Well the only visible parts of our system will be the pre/pro and amp, so there isn't much need to try to match our other components, which will all be tucked away behind closed doors. And since my wife has been especially tolerant of my recent HT spending, I really have no problem indulging her one HT requirement: aesthetics.

So, get with the program, Outlaws - stamp out some faceplates and let's move on. Those of us waiting for them will be happy and those of us that don't care will continue not to care.

-SM

#53991 - 06/16/05 02:16 AM Re: Is anyone else waiting for a matching amp before getting the 990?
Logain Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Oil Can:
:rolleyes: I’m sorry if this post offends some folks, but here goes. The subject of this thread is one of the greatest non-issues I have ever seen on this forum. Components don’t always match, even from the same manufacturer, but it doesn’t matter. All of you should be happy that all of the Outlaw components are at least black. The thing that matters most is performance, and for the money the Outlaw’s win, hands down. If the aesthetics are a problem than there are a number of options available to you. Audio furniture with frosted glass doors, perforated metal doors, or place the components in a closet. If those options are not good enough, buy something else. Most audio racks contain components from various companies, and they don’t match. Sometimes there not even the same color, let alone the fact that graphically they are different. As the Don Henley song goes, “ Get over it”. :rolleyes:
First your probably right. I guess I may just be a little more shallow then I thought. But to say aesthetic shouldn’t matter is a stretch. Would you buy a outlaw amp if they sold them in bright pink?

The problem is that the amp maybe around longer then the 990. I almost want to be more happy with the amp then with the pre/pro.

As much as I kind of dug the original design of the 950 and the outlaw amps, I have to be honest.
The green button and green writing is something I find less then attractive (ducking under my desk). Especially since I saw the new amp design and the 990. It not a matter of matching as much as I really like the new design.

Besides Outlaw themselves are changing their designs, not me.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM