Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#5380 - 06/19/03 11:45 PM Re: bi-wiring again
Larry Fine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, Va, USA
73, I guess I should clarify something. I'm not an Outlaw owner, and I hope that doesn't disqualify me from posting here. I discovered this forum when it was mentioned in another. (Remote Central)

I didn't "find out" about that feature in the 1050. I am assuming (uh-oh!) that all bass-management systems do that. I can't imagine any manufacturer would have a 'no-sub' choice that just throws the LFE into the ozone.

For that matter, I am assuming that the 1050 has a no-sub option. There must be HT owners that have main speakers capable of sub-woofer performance, like mine are. I use the 'no-sub' setting, but feed my subs via a full-range line-level output.

I hope I haven't led you down the wrong path. Please let us know if I am right about my generalizations. I don't wish to mislead or spout improper information.

------------------
Larry Fine
www.fineelectricco.com
My system

#5381 - 06/20/03 02:41 AM Re: bi-wiring again
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
Larry:

Thank you for the feedback. I am not upset. I think your proposal was very good and I welcome your posting here. As I mentioned in the previous post I used to run my old Yamaha receivers front line outs into my Velodyne and the ran the Velodynes hipass output to my front power amp. Because the Yamaha also had pre-outs and amp-inputs I could patch the surrounds line outs to the more powerful front amps. I scrapped that setup after I got the 1050 because the manual didn't describe a way to feed the LFE to the fronts. Whats worse is I bought into the interconnection snake oil and bought a very expensive monster cable subwoofer interconnect which will be obsolete if this proposal works correctly.

Curtis: Hopefully you can find someone else, possibly Scott from Outlaw, who can confirm that the 1050 does work the way Larry described.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

#5382 - 06/20/03 03:08 PM Re: bi-wiring again
curtis Offline
Gunslinger

Yes I will try to verify w/ Outlaw. For now I am assuming (hoping) that the 1050 will perform as Larry has assumed.

Ditto on comments to Larry about postings from him or any other non-Outlaw owners being welcome (IMO). The quality of dialogue is most helpful in clarifying issues that can seem a little murky at first.

One question - how do you insert the 'quote' references from other posts within your own post. Thanks.

Curtis

#5383 - 06/20/03 05:50 PM Re: bi-wiring again
curtis Offline
Gunslinger

Yes - Scott at Outlaw has confirmed that this setup will work as described.

So, front speakers set to large and fed through the speaker level inputs of the sub (w/ 1050 set to 'no sub') will receive all of the signal (incl. surrounds) between the x-over frequencies of the 1050 and the sub.

Now it's time to test it out.

Curtis

#5384 - 06/20/03 06:25 PM Re: bi-wiring again
Larry Fine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, Va, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by curtis:
One question - how do you insert the 'quote' references from other posts within your own post?

Easy, even adding a question mark. See the three icons above each post? The first one is the poster's profile, the second one is to edit your post, and the third is 'respond with quote'. You'll get a reply box with the post to which you want to quote.

Just delete that which you want to omit, and type your response below (or above, etc.), and if you forget some of the prior post, just scroll down outside the box; you'll see the thread's posts sans date/time, icons, etc.

By the way, if you know HTML, VB is rather similar. You can use bold, italics, etc. You can 'quote' and '/quote' more than once in a single post, too. I made my site (for what it's worth, and still in progress) with raw HTML, not with an HTML editor (like Front Page).

------------------
Larry Fine
www.fineelectricco.com
My system

#5385 - 06/23/03 10:13 AM Re: bi-wiring again
curtis Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine:
Easy, even adding a question mark. ...

That seems easy enough. Thanks.

Curtis

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts