Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#53662 - 05/21/05 11:32 AM Re: Input assignment
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It will not do SACD. I haven't hooked up the analog outputs (my Yamaha universal handles that for me), so I don't know how DVD-Audio stacks up on the OPPO. Customer service seems very helpful and responsive. There is one bug that I was able to confirm (movies that use a subtitle track to provide foreign language subtitles with the main audio track - or, in the case of the Star Wars movies, alien dialog such as Greedo's - do not have that "hidden" subtitle track turned on automatically), but they have assured me that they are pursuing a fix for it. In the meanwhile, users have to hit the "SUBTITLE" button a couple times to select the track manually (it seems to usually be track 2) when playing a disc like this.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind with the OPPO is what assid mentioned - unless you have a display with a DVI or HDMI input (or plan to get one in the near future), it's not really worth pursuing because the component outputs are limited to interlaced (480i). For DVI or HDMI inputs, though, it seems to be a mighty fine value.

#53663 - 05/21/05 12:21 PM Re: Input assignment
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
My Sony VPL-HS51 Projectors has HDMI, but I am using compenent because I currently don't have any equipment that outputs that signal..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts