*Also posted in Outlaw to Outlaw Board...

Well, I was plugging my Xbox in which means I was behind my speakers. Having DefTech BP30's, I have a tweeter on the back of the cabinet.

I was just about to get up when I heard a faint hiss coming from my tweeters. I had, about 5 minutes earlier, been listening to music. My Elite receiver is, for now, the preamp for my pair of 200 mono's. I have the amps set to the "Music" setting, so the amps themselves don't shut down immediately. It usually takes about 15 minutes.

So here I am, nothing is ON, except for the amps. And then I hear the hiss. I turned my receiver on and adjusted the volume. First with nothing playing, then with music playing. The hiss does not get louder.

I might be overly paranoid, seeing as how this isn't even audible unless I'm within 6 inches of the tweeter. Should I be worrying about anything?

The 2 lines my Panamax 4300's are plugged into are dedicated 15, and 20 amp circuits. Nothing but theatre gear is connected.

I know that in the past, people ask about a speakers sensitivity. But these are rated at 91dB, nothing near being super sensitive.

I wish I wouldn't have noticed this, I fear I am worring about nothing. Please, someone put my mind at ease

*Note* I am using a pair of 1.2 meter Outlaw PCA's running from the pre-outs to the 200's. I think I covered all bases as far as how it's all connected. I just never noticed any hissing before. I know, Im crazy

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts