Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#53246 - 05/15/05 10:36 AM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
wingnut4772

I have been taking construction pictures as I went along and plan to post up my pic on the web soon.

#53247 - 05/15/05 01:34 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
PodBoy Offline
Gunslinger

trikos:

I understand that you have waited so long to complete your home theater, but you seem to be annoyed at the Outlaws when the 990 wasn't even announced when you started planning and building six months ago. As far as I can read how this process has taken place, it seems as though they haven't delayed anything outside of what has been promised, and they have said that all of this might take some time.

If you've waited six months, is it that big a deal to wait a bit longer? ,

#53248 - 05/15/05 02:29 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Hang in there, trikos. I know the waiting is pretty hard sometimes. Your spot in the list is around Tuesday evening? I suspect that the biggest cluster of reservations is from Sunday night and Monday morning, so I would expect to see the invitations start moving through the first couple days very quickly. Hopefully they'll get to your spot soon. I think you'll find that it will be worth it once it arrives.

I'll be keeping an eye out for those pictures, by the way - it sounds like an impressive setup.

#53249 - 05/15/05 02:56 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I remember when the 950 was released and I got on the list about 15 minutes after the preorders started. When it was about my time to order, about a week into the ordering process, I remember they stopped shipping the units due to some problem I can't even remember. I had to wait like another month. That was painful to have it sitting right in front of you and then yanked away like that. I felt like Charlie Brown and the football. laugh

#53250 - 05/15/05 05:40 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the encouragement, and no I am not mad at Outlaw, I would just like to see some status updates once in a while. I think its better customer relations than keeping people in the dark. The last info is more than 2 weeks ago. ie:

"We have been working hard at shipping product. So far we have shipped 200 units to lucky customers and have made it to 2pm on April the 18th in the wait list. Please hang in there, we will try to get to everyone in the next couple weeks. We are expecting more units to arrive sometime in the first 2 weeks of June and should have everyone on the wait list taken care of by then. Thanks for your patients"

You get the idea.. Something, is better than nothing at all..

I am working on setting up a website now, maybe it will keep my mind off things.. wink

#53251 - 05/15/05 06:02 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
Nemos2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington, WV
Here is my progression of events :

Confirmation of reservation : 9:25pm, April 17th.
Invite to Order : 12:19 pm, May 12th

Unfortunately I will not be able to order one at this time.....will need to wait until the budget gets a little better..

So.. hope that helps.

#53252 - 05/15/05 10:54 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

To anyone interested in my pain.. wink

Here is a link to a quick webpage I setup showing the construction process that wingnut4772 asked for:

http://ns1.gnomishworks.com/gallery/albums.php

Let me know if the link does not work, because I am on the inside of my firewall and sometimes I can view the website, but no one else. Hope you enjoy it.

#53253 - 05/16/05 08:29 AM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
rance Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston. MA
trikos - that is one fantastic HT! Now I can see why you're so anxious. A couple of questions - What material did you use on the walls that led you to use bondo? And did you seal the concrete or use some form of barrier under the carpet?

#53254 - 05/16/05 09:26 AM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Rance,

The screen wall was 3/4" MDF which was biscuit joined every 12" and shimmed at the back to make as flat as possible the surface. I used a steel straight edge with a light shining from the opposite side to find the low spots after attaching it to the wall. Bondo was used because I could apply multiple coats per day (it will set in 5 minutes) and also its tough, real tough.

The concrete floor has hard insulation under it and is sealed to prevent moisture creep. I used a heavy underlay under the carpet for sound.

I still need to make black curtains around the screen and the auto 12v light shades, but wanted to take a break and watch some movies wink

#53255 - 05/16/05 12:24 PM Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Trikos, prettty cool ! love all the DIY aspects of the system . Especially the cavity with the built in Hemholtz resonator . I take it you did all the work yourself . It must have been a pain in the ass stretching all that material over the wall frame . Oh, I do have a question on the center spks. . Are they going to be in sync with the two different distances to your listening position or were you able to synch them somehow .
I utilize a pair of spks. for my center channel as well and have found that by tweaking their position you can create a virtual spk. that comes right off the center of the screen . I plan on mounting the center pair on the left and right hand side of my screen . Just waiting on the mounts .
Have you calibrated the HS-51 with your computer yet . If so could you tell any improvement . I have not had the right setup to try it yet but hope to once I have upgraded to a decent computer . Well, I am starting to rant on and on so......speak at you later .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM