Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#52999 - 05/08/05 11:27 PM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
just dropped in as I have for the last couple of weeks for a update of the 990. Happy to see that most were receiving confimation emails. Checked my emails and found I could order also. Took care of that in only a minute. I can now post that I am a happy camper, now only if I can stand the wait.

#53000 - 05/08/05 11:53 PM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
Garrett Adams Offline
Gunslinger

I got onto the wait list three minutes after it opened. Shortly after placing the order this afternoon the order confirmation was received 5:21 p.m. PDT.

#53001 - 05/09/05 01:50 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
Dennis Allen Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Frisco, TX, U.S.A.
My hotmail report shows received at 2228.53.0040 UTC May 8th, which would convert to 1828 EDT/1728CDT etc. cool

#53002 - 05/09/05 09:45 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
yankeedan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: North Carolina
Received invitation to order, thoughtfully considered it for about 1/2 a second, then whipped my credit card out faster than Josey Wales. After reading and drooling over Outlaw gear for the last two years, I'll finally be making the transition from "dreamthusiast" to official Outlaw. And I'm taking the plunge too. I ordered the 990, the 7100, the LFM 1 and all the necessary interconnects to make everything sing! Looking forward to the upgrade from my 12+ yr old Sony (ugh!) receiver. I anticipate being blown away!

#53003 - 05/09/05 10:19 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
Nemos2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington, WV
I still have not received an email to order yet, and I was on the waiting list about 1 hour and 40 mins after it opened.... SO.... we shall see....patience...

Way to go yankeedan....I hope that you are not disappointed..(I am sure that outlaw will blow you away...)

Ian

#53004 - 05/09/05 10:42 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I have not recieved notification, and if we are talking 10 days to wait for people to decide before flipping to the next person, we could be waiting a month to find out. Plus delayed shipping, 2 weeks delivery, yada, yada..

Not sure its worth it anymore..

#53005 - 05/09/05 11:22 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
trikos:

Keep your shorts on. Are you sure that the Outlaws are saying that they will wait ten days before sending out more confirmation messages, or simply that those who are get a message have ten days? I'd guess that they are probably sending these things out in some sort of batch system, and that there is no connection between the number of people who convert the reservation to an order and when more letters go out. I guess we'll see.

What is the "delayed shipping and 2 weeks delivery" you are talking about? Where did you hear that? I'll bet that the first orders probably ship out within ten days. Again, let's wait and see before jumping to unfounded conclusions.

ARF, ARF says Iggy

#53006 - 05/09/05 11:35 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
OutWest Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Winlock, Washington
XYFLA, I signed up on the waitlist at 10:00pm est time, 1 hour after it opened. I have not received
an invitation to order. I am hoping Iggy is correct and they are releasing the invitation to order in batches.

I am sure at some point the folks at outlaw will let us know when the first shippment is sold out. Until then there is still hope of getting one.

Anyway I am trying to wait patiently knowing that it will be worth the wait.

#53007 - 05/09/05 11:57 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
Cerebus Offline
Gunslinger

I'd say outlaw has to be doing orders in Batches, but that the size of the Batches will be commusrate with the number of unit they have to sell. So batch 1 = # of units available in shipment 1.

I suppose Outlaw might have tried to anticipate "no orders" and "over subscribed" the initial batch of invites, but that strategy just seems likley to just get customers mad (just like it does at airports)

It would probably be smarter to wait ten days and send out another batch invite for the "unsold" units and any units anticipated to arrive within that timeframe (the Outlaws say the second batch is on the water). My invite specifically told me to do nothing if I wasn't going to purchase (Sorry folks who are still waiting, I went ahead and bit the bullet, so mine won't be on that unsold list) which implies the Outlaws are going to wait ten days before sending anymore invites..

#53008 - 05/09/05 11:59 AM Re: Just received my confirmation email!
jhunt1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Yarmouth, ME
Quote:
I am sure at some point the folks at outlaw will let us know when the first shipment is sold out. Until then there is still hope of getting one.
I agree. might I also add that It takes time to do this sort of thing. I am sure as well, that they are probably trying to not overload there server with orders, or the people responsible for processing them. I received my reservation confirmation email @ 9:50 P.M. EST, and haven't received the invite to place an official order as of yet, but I am confident that I will eventually.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts