Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#52708 - 05/03/05 05:22 PM Re: 990 at the show
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
mendes:

If I may make one more suggestion, rather than deal with hearsay, how about letting the people who own the units post their own reviews as they see fit? While we have no reason to doubt that what you posted IS from one of the first three, without attribution, we have no way of knowing that for CERTAIN.

Persuming that you are on the list for a 990, why don't you wait and post YOUR OWN review when you can audition a 990 in conditions you are familiar with, rather than in the fair, but to some extent exaggerated and artificial circumstances of a demo in a hotel room with speakers you haven't heard on their own, and an amp you are also not familiar with. Remember, while this is all personal opinion, you need to carefully set out your frame of reference.

Why don't we do something REALLY SILLY and let the reviewers do their own reviews. You've posted your comments, and they express your opinions from the HE SHow. Now, let's wait for more from the owners. Hopefully, that will happen in the next two weeks or so!

ARF, ARF says Iggy

#52709 - 05/03/05 06:15 PM Re: 990 at the show
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Boy, I get caught in a few meetings and office disasters and I miss a whole lot...

First, it is pretty interesting that Outlaw used nothing more exotic than their own interconnects and everyday generic speaker wire for the demo system - it is a close parallel to the way most units will be wired up in people's homes, and a reminder of the company's preference for "no nonsense" design. Also, I think both JeffreyMercado and barnabas have an excellent point about the benefit of demoing equipment in the system that you are most familiar with - your own. That's one of the strengths of Internet direct companies like Outlaw (or Axiom, or SVS, or ...) that offer a 30-day return policy, so that you can do just that. Very few traditional brick-and-mortar retailers are as accommodating, even for repeat customers who have spent thousands of dollars with them in the past.

Lastly, I think the saloon's resident canine has made some excellent points. This forum has a long-standing history of folks being pretty civil to each other (with a few rare exceptions that prove the rule, so to speak), although we are never afraid to eagerly discuss issues on which we may not all share the same viewpoint. I think Iggy's final comment is some of the best advice to date in this thread: "let the reviewers do their own reviews" once these reserved units reach people's eager hands. While I would love to proclaim today that the fact that so many people came away from last weekend really impressed with the 990 means that it must be wonderful, I think the real test will come when we start getting feedback from people who have used them in their homes for a good while.

#52710 - 05/03/05 07:15 PM Re: 990 at the show
braidkid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: WA
Does the show (HEC) have a website? I'd love to see some pictures of outlaw's venue that was there.
Denon DVD-2910
M&K LCR750
M&K Surround-55 tripole
Dual M&K VX-1250
Outlaw PCAs
Blue Jeans Component and HDMI
Panamax 5500

#52711 - 05/03/05 07:21 PM Re: 990 at the show
Sfox7076 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
I did post that on the AVS Forum for what it is worth. Are any of you in New York?

Shawn

#52712 - 05/03/05 07:23 PM Re: 990 at the show
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There is a site for the HE Show , but if you are looking for pictures you may want to look at a couple other sources. Our own psklenar posted a great collection of pictures , as did ScottH .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 189 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts