Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#52642 - 05/03/05 09:12 AM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
TheFront Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Québec City
Thanks Shawn. That's good news for me because I also own a CD player that is somewhat bass deficient. I think the 770 was hardly used at the show if at all. Leave the radio on...

#52643 - 05/03/05 10:26 AM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Sfox7076 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
Yeah, I will leave it on all day tomorrow. I was able to fix the bass from the Arcam by bringing up the level on the two channel mode. The LFE level started as a -2 for 2 channel. Once I brought that up and tweaked the volume on the sub a bit, it was fine. I still think it needs a bit more of a burn in. It sounds great so far, but have never really evaluated audio equipment until I had used them for 20-40 hours. Paradigm speakers usually need about 100 hours...

Shawn

#52644 - 05/03/05 11:18 AM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Prefect Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
I've never understood this whole "burn-in" thing, at least for solid state equipment. Being an engineer, I find it hard to believe there are any significant changes occurring during a burn-in period that will result in any audible difference.

I can at least believe there might be a change with speakers, as they are electromechanical devices. It's conceivable they might change when played for a while after their manufacture. Given that there are adhesives, wood cabinets, finishes, etc., it certainly seems conceivable. Everything else I have to write off as people getting used to their new gear, not the gear itself changing.

Still, if you grow to like your gear over time after you get it home, that's not a bad thing. I do believe that it takes a while to get used to new audio equipment, and understand what you are now hearing as compared to your old gear. Really, though, that's *you* burning in, not the equipment. smile

#52645 - 05/03/05 11:36 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Sfox7076 Offline
Gunslinger

The sound from the movie soundtrack is fine to my ears. I used Spiderman 2 as my movie and I am using a Pioneer 563-A. Actually, the dialogue seems really good to me. I will have to do more listening to DVD concerts in the end. I can say that the sound reproduction for instruments was so good during the movie, the soundtrack got disruptive at times. It appears that the component switching is better than what was in the NAD as well because I can see how bad the artifacting is.

Shawn

#52646 - 05/05/05 11:42 AM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
elikd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Being another Electrical Engineer I agree. Its an audiophile MYTH. Solid state electronics do not burn in. Electronics are designed not to vary and even if for some freakish uknown to science reason there was some type of change over time, why would it always change for the better? Not only does the mythological burn in change for the better, but it actually STOPS by itself when the sound gets pefect and does not burn in any further and ruin the sound. So apparently we engineers built tiny little braces that allowed our magic expanding circuit traces to expand but only to the point where the number of electrons passing was ideal and no further. I agree, speakers could vary since there are materials that would eventally warp or change over time. But then again, why always for the better, and why not past the point of better to worse?? Definitely EAR BURN IN is what we are talking about.

#52647 - 05/05/05 02:29 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Paratrooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Conyers,GA,USA
Quote:
Originally posted by elikd:
Being another Electrical Engineer I agree. Its an audiophile MYTH. Solid state electronics do not burn in. Electronics are designed not to vary and even if for some freakish uknown to science reason there was some type of change over time, why would it always change for the better? Not only does the mythological burn in change for the better, but it actually STOPS by itself when the sound gets pefect and does not burn in any further and ruin the sound. So apparently we engineers built tiny little braces that allowed our magic expanding circuit traces to expand but only to the point where the number of electrons passing was ideal and no further. I agree, speakers could vary since there are materials that would eventally warp or change over time. But then again, why always for the better, and why not past the point of better to worse?? Definitely EAR BURN IN is what we are talking about.
Oh My God! Soundhound has been cloned. smile

Elikd, I agree with You.

#52648 - 05/05/05 06:53 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Cerebus Offline
Gunslinger

And Cloned again. As another EE, I move we pass the motion. Solid State Electronics do not "Burn in"

#52649 - 05/05/05 07:22 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Sfox7076 Offline
Gunslinger

All in favor?

#52650 - 05/05/05 07:34 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
Prefect Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Aye.

-Another EE.

#52651 - 05/05/05 08:54 PM Re: It is all hooked up...almost
josef Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Melbourne Florida
Cloned again. As another EE, I move we pass the motion. Solid State Electronics do not "Burn in"

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts