Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#5251 - 01/21/03 03:49 PM Black Perforated Metal Panels
Metal Mike Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
Maybe you folks can help. I have been all over the web trying to locate someone who will sell me a decorative black powder coated perforated (round holes) metal panel for audio cabinetry doors. Think of what Martin Logan uses on the panels of their electrostatic speakers. It would be something very similar to that. Not the cheap looking diamond punched metal you see used for radiator cabinets. Everyone I have contacted either ignores my request or tells me that "they don't supply my type" meaning they are not interested in such a small order for home use. Then they are of no help in offering any retail supplier than might cater to the do-it yourselfer. Been to the cabinet maker related sites as well. Coming up zip. Any help much appreciated.

#5252 - 01/21/03 04:02 PM Re: Black Perforated Metal Panels
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I've been to a metal supply house in my area that has such sheets of perf metal, steel and aluminum, any size you want. I use it for the lids of chassis of my own projects. There should be a metal supply outlet somewhere in your area. You will have to paint it though.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 21, 2003).]

#5253 - 01/23/03 12:24 PM Re: Black Perforated Metal Panels
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
Have you looked at the items from Salamander Designs?

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/index.htm

They sell doors and one of the options is the black perforated steel. I don't know if they'll work in your application, but, it might be worth a look.

Chris

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts