Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#5245 - 02/18/03 01:00 PM Re: Be very afraid
jcmccorm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, AL, USA
Lena, what's the video chain in your system like (source->???->display)

Do you have a 0IRE/7.5IRE setting on your DVD player? Have you used the Avia disk's pluge pattern to set the brightness level(s)?

Cary

#5246 - 02/18/03 03:29 PM Re: Be very afraid
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Cary
Have the DTC100 straight in via a chintzy RCA RGB to Component converter, after I returned my demo run of a Sony HD200, which for a short time allowed us to us the DVI straight in.
The DVD is straight in via Component.

Do you have a 0IRE/7.5IRE setting on your DVD player unaware of what that setting is? Will look, do not recall seeing a parameter titled so: (Panasonic RP-91) will have to dig and see.

I have been known to type either one in a hurry but what I own is V Essentials, have run the full adjust using it in the past on the GW I) and a partial run-through at Christmas on the GW II, which I have never gotten back to. From Nov forward I have a schedule which makes getting to any of this, - hit or miss right now. When I started messing with the GW II felt quickly there were certain things ‘off’ as compared to the GW I which I don’t think any home disc adjustments are going to alleviate.

What I’d like to find …before I sit down and run through VE again, is a web site explaining all test patterns, (many don’t even have explanation on my disc, several test patterns listed as additional patterns for a service tech. use). I queried asking for a better explanation of all test patterns on Avia and VE what the goals are for each pattern with samples showing correct/incorrect, and what is occurring to cause the differences.
Including hopefully information regarding if the pattern is off (when applied) where does the problem lie, in color in decoder in alignment etc. I would rather know when its off WHY its off…not just that it is.

No one replied on the other forum with a web resource for researching (self-training) on this subject.

#5247 - 02/20/03 03:57 PM Re: Be very afraid
Jeremy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA, U.S.
Hey Lena,

Just looked around the net and found a site you might want to take a look at. Hope it can help you out!

-Jeremy

http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/how2adj.html

#5248 - 02/20/03 08:28 PM Re: Be very afraid
Desperado

Thanks!. Quick glance shows above posted IRE explained, - I Think the panny does have a setting (labeled something else I believe which might be that) I’ll check on this, - I have not adjusted (the panny settings and should see if any menu there affects) since the II came in. And I notice a Video E link off your link (should of thought of that) which hopefully might answer under FAQ, some inquiries I have on test patterns.

Funny I had dropped dealing with the LCD due to lack of time for a awhile and got a call from the service center yesterday. (After that last visit tech support never called back and I never followed up having lost all confidence in that route). It was a funny conversation we had, with me trying to politely explain if they did not have a service rep near the ability level of a certified callabrationist, I was wasting their time. (in others words trying to tell them don’t come back just to push brightness level up to 100% again). Or at least a ST capable of talking to vendor support at Sony for some tweaks in SMode which could possibly alleviate the problems. She will research and call back,,,

#5249 - 02/21/03 11:06 AM Re: Be very afraid
Jeremy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA, U.S.
I think that the feature labeled "video black level expansion" on your Panasonic RP-91 is that DVD players IRE control. I also found yet another link to a site that may help you better understand the test patterns and show both passing signals and failing signals.

-Jeremy

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10...out-1-2003.html

#5250 - 02/21/03 02:22 PM Re: Be very afraid
Desperado

Thank you Jeremy!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts