Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 11 of 41 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41 >
Topic Options
#51925 - 04/04/05 03:04 AM Re: 990
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

Scott

I would like to see the manual. Did you put it in PDF yet? If not, put some major spec info is OK too.

How many volts this one can put out? I bet it is higher than 950.

Thanks man.

#51926 - 04/04/05 03:08 AM Re: 990
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I think this technology is going to take a bit longer to work itself out, but I do hope HDMI capabilities are realized sooner than later. All this dated stuff reminds me of this thread in 2001 that claimed the 950 would be obsolete within a year because it didn't have firewire to handle MC music. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35283&highlight=outlaw+out+dated

I'm seeing a lot of the original Outlaw crowd in this thread. Just add Soundhound, SLL, Will, Merc, Kevin C. Brown, RAF and Ricky T and it will be just like old times.

#51927 - 04/04/05 04:09 AM Re: 990
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

be just like old times
Those were the days!

Personally I'll be waiting for i-link or some other digital support for DVD-A and SACD before upgrading my 950. I-link isn't new state-of-the-art anymore. It's been in receivers for over two years.

Thanks!

Will

#51928 - 04/04/05 04:58 AM Re: 990
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Will:

Personally I'll be waiting for i-link or some other digital support for DVD-A and SACD before upgrading my 950.

Will [/QB]
In case you haven't noticed, DVD-A and SACD have failed in the marketplace, and it is only a matter of time before the record companies pull the plug on the formats for good.

Blame it on two competing formats and really stupid marketing that stressed sound quality "improvements" that were not noticable to the average consumer, over the obvious improvement afforded by the multi-channel aspect.

CD is going to be the only game in town for the best quality audio I'm afraid.

#51929 - 04/04/05 05:06 AM Re: 990
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:

I'm seeing a lot of the original Outlaw crowd in this thread. Just add Soundhound, SLL, Will, Merc, Kevin C. Brown, RAF and Ricky T and it will be just like old times.
I'm afraid I will not be purchasing a 990. My only need is a device that decodes Dolby Digital and basic ProLogic, and the 950 fills that need quite nicely.

I use a vacuum tube preamp for stereo listening, and have a relay switched input to my crossovers/power amps for multi-channel monitoring. I use direct connections for my video projector.

The 990 is the answer to a question I never asked. frown

#51930 - 04/04/05 07:37 AM Re: 990
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Hi Guys!
This 990 does look VERY interesting. I wonder if the balanced outs are full differential balanced or just converted RCAs? Still, it looks very nice on paper.
Dolby Headphone is one very tempting tidbit to me. smile
merc\'s primary system

#51931 - 04/04/05 07:38 AM Re: 990
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

Count me in! Adding the vidio delay was a huge fix, now I can stay in suspened reality!
Thing is, I just ordered the DEQX for my Maggies, and was wondering how I could do wthout a mic calibration for the center and rear...tell me it's room correction (my guess is it's for the level only, which is helpful, but phase woud be great)

#51932 - 04/04/05 07:49 AM Re: 990
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Adding the vidio delay was a huge fix, now I can stay in suspened reality!
I can think of some ONkyo SP1000 DVD owners who will love the audio sync feature too as long as you can delay the audio, and not just the video?

As for DVI-D input, and not HDMI, the folks that will impact(negatively) most will be those who have a DVD player with HDMI, and not DVI-D, and who have an HDMI input on their HDTV. Those folks may wish to go directly to their HDTV with that HDMI video rather than lose some BTB ability while clipping bits from 10 to 8 due to having their video signal formatted as RGBHV.
merc\'s primary system

#51933 - 04/04/05 08:00 AM Re: 990
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Welcome back, merc! I'm thinking that the audio sync delay is included to delay the audio only as a means of compensating for sources with video processing that causes a delay in the video signal.

#51934 - 04/04/05 08:10 AM Re: 990
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Already on the boat coming over? Wow! This one certainly has been played close to the vest. I didn't think Peter could keep anything this secret! :p (any one wanna bet I'll be hearing from him about this wise crack?) smile

Hiya Merc! Hiya Will! laugh

Dan, But if the Outlaws waited for the specs to be hammered out and the chips made affordable, then everyone would be complaining that Outlaw was too far behind the times. They've got something here (or so it appears) that will work for a majority of folks today. Considering how quiet they kept the development of the 990, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've got something along the lines of what you're looking for in the development pipeline. But I would be surprised if they tell us about it. I have a hunch this may be their new methodology - develop & test in secret and then announce when on the boat.

anbyhow .... hmmm ... let's see ... sell my 1050, move the 950 upstairs into the listening system, and plug the 990 into the HT? Or since I was thinking about the 2150 for the upstairs listening system, maybe keep the 1050 in the listening system, sell the 950, and put the 990 into the HT? Don't think the 990 will fit in my listening system rack ... if it's the standard component width, the photo's make it appear to be significantly taller than the 1050 (ratio of width to height) and that barely fits in my upstairs rack.

Looking forward to seeing this in a month!

Anyone else going to the NYC show? I'll take a train down on friday and stay over night, so I'll be around the show part of both days.

Page 11 of 41 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts