Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51382 - 04/21/07 05:55 PM Fun with Fedex
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
I was one of the lucky ones who was able to order one of the liquidation price LFM-1 subwoofers. However, Fedex is doing its best to keep the suspense building.
I am actually having fun with them. Here's an excerpt of an email I sent their customer service desk:

Quote:
Comments: You attempted to deliver a package to my address, tracking #........ , door tag #DT ...... at 12 Noon on 4/20.
Your web site tracking data indicated that on 4/21 the package was "on Fedex Vehicle for delivery". I called your 1-800 number to confirm whether you would deliver on a Saturday. I was told that the next delivery attempt would be on Monday 4/23 at approximately the same time. I asked if I could go to pickup the package and was told that you are closed today. I informed your agent that nobody will be home at your next delivery attempt unless you try a different time (i.e. when people are home after work). I was told that, after 3 attempts, my package would go to "hold". You might as well not bother with the next 2 attempts.

Anyway, my question really is, could I change the delivery address to a UPS store near my house? I have never had any problems receiving shipments through them.
No response yet.

#51383 - 04/21/07 07:08 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
That's a pain that you can't just go to Fedex and pick up your LFM-1. I hope you can work out delivery without too much hassle. I'd like to see the look on the Fedex persons face when they read you want them to deliver to a UPS store! What can Brown do for Fedex and you?!!

Fedex is not my favorite shipper, however I'll see how they do this week; they are delivering a couple of packages next Thursday.

#51384 - 04/21/07 09:45 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
govguru Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
You are lucky. Fed-Ex has has no record of the tracking number I received. No idea where my shipment is. Will have to wait until Monday to get this resolved. Probably about the time the Fed-Ex truck roll up the driveway!

#51385 - 04/21/07 10:56 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
loopy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Central Ma.
If I could put in my two cents,Fed ex seems to have their heads on backwards,played phone tag with them for my SMS-1 and literally chased the truck down the street for my 7125, also two weeks ago they phoned my house to say they had a package at their center for me to pick-up why do I have to go to the center when I paid to have it shipped to my home {It was a avia Dvd} very poor service.

#51386 - 04/21/07 11:24 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The other kicker here is the way that FedEX has subdivided its operations. FedEx Home is likely to have your LFM-1, in which case it is going to sit on the truck until it's delivered (making it impossible to stop by the distribution center and pick it up, although you can often get them to drop it off at a Kinko's). FedEx Home also runs from Tuesday through Saturday rather than Monday through Friday.

#51387 - 04/22/07 12:40 AM Re: Fun with Fedex
AvFan Offline
Desperado

My frustration with Fedex is based on a single event, but one that really angered me. Fedex delivered my ATI amp and left in on the doorstep when they were required to get a signature. The delivery guy probably didn't check to see if anyone was home before he lugged that 100lb box to the door. I'm sure he didn't want to pick it up a couple more times. Well, I was tracking the delivery from work and noted it had been delivered when I knew nobody was home and that I had signed for it! It all worked out, but there would have been a big problem if the amp had been swiped from my doorstep. My hope is what happened to me is not normal operating practice for Fedex.

#51388 - 04/25/07 08:27 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
govguru Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Just for an update, Fedex delivered my sub on Monday. They do not deliver on Saturday, as they had my box on Saturday morning.

#51389 - 04/26/07 02:50 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Mine is still in its world tour (it's been 10 days). Regarding my email to Fedex about changing the delivery address to the UPS store near my house, I got a canned reply from fedex about their delivery policy, etc.

I am taking this remarkably well, even my wife keeps asking if I am going to do anything about it and I am usually the one who is the tough customer. My inquisitive nature just wants to see how far fedex will go.

I have purchased all kinds of stuff online and had them delivered to our house without a hitch (that includes an 800-pound pool table). The UPS drivers know me by name and have even delivered after hours. In Fedex's defense, I do believe this is a local issue. Businesses in southern Maryland do behave like in a third-world country sometimes.

#51390 - 04/26/07 06:14 PM Re: Fun with Fedex
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

My wife just called and said that, by chance, she decided to go home for lunch to walk the dog and the Fedex truck pulled up. I guess that ends this little experiment. Roll credits...

The probability of the sub running into my wife exactly on the 5th try: 8.2%

The probability of it happening within the first 5 attempts: 67%

Number of attempts it would take to get above 95% probability of successful lunch-time delivery: 15

Expected value E(x), number of attempts before delivery is expected: 5

Number of people who normally go home for lunch in the DC area: about 0

Typical commute, DC area: 1.5 hours

Having a new sub to setup when I get home: PRICELESS.

#51391 - 04/27/07 04:14 AM Re: Fun with Fedex
AvFan Offline
Desperado

garcianc2003,

I hope you've had a chance to stretch the legs on your LFM-1 after Fedex took so long to deliver it to you. Enjoy your new subwoofer!

While I have my concerns about Fedex, they just delivered two packages to me without incident. The boxes were not beat up and they were delivered around 7:00pm when I was home. I'm guessing each of us will have different experiences because of how each driver manages his/her route. The only odd thing about my latest Fedex experience is while both boxes were shipped on the same date and from the same location they were delivered to me one day apart. Go figure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM