Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#51281 - 11/02/06 01:34 PM Vote for me to win a new guitar...
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Well, you don't really have to but I figured I'd ask anyway. Here's the story, one day as I was walking with my wife in Union Square (Manhattan, N.Y.), there were all these people standing around a new V.W. car, and this guy had a guitar in his hand, plugged into the dash of the car its self. As I was sort of checking it out, the guy asked if I played guitar, and I said "a bit", then asked if I'd like to be in a video playing it...and figured whatever, ok.

Only thing was (no lie) I had a temperature, felt like utter crap (you can see I'm wearing a sweater, and it was quite nice outside), the guitar felt like crap as well, due to the fact that I generally use .12 gauge strings, and this thing was set up with what felt like .009's, so I was bending the crap out of the strings when I didn't want to, not to mention all the slipping/sliding. Guitarists here can relate I'm sure. The last factor, was that it wasn't comfortable to hold with the non adjustable strap the way it was, and there was nothing to sit down on.

I played like crap, but did it anyway. I didn't pay much attention to what the VW guy was saying about the video, and didn't think it would make it online, but as it would appear, I'm in some contest now, where I could win an guitar. I do think that I could have played MUCH better under different circumstances, but it is what it is now.

If you check out the contest, my name is Doug (from N.Y.) and I believe I'm currently up against Gary from Queens N.Y. He did pretty well, given that he played under some of the same circumstances, and even though I could do better than both of us did at that particular time, again, it is what it is. Maybe it's cheating asking you guys to vote for me, so I'll just put it out there, and you guys do what you'd like.

It would be nice to win a new guitar though... (It's also signed by Slash, but I could care less about that)

Doug

Link: Here (click on rock god battle)

#51282 - 11/03/06 09:42 AM Re: Vote for me to win a new guitar...
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Dude, I picked you because you're an Outlaw! (Also, I like the blues licks. cool )

Thank god neither of you picked up the guitar and starting playing "Freebird"!

#51283 - 11/03/06 10:04 AM Re: Vote for me to win a new guitar...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'd pick you, too, but for some reason my choices don't include you - may be that due to geography I'm hitting a different server. Best of luck, though. Let us know how you do.

#51284 - 11/03/06 11:43 AM Re: Vote for me to win a new guitar...
DNicely1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lincoln Park, Mi USA
Pretty cool contest, I picked you because your an outlaw and you did pretty well, I also went thru the rest of them and some are not in that setting with a crowd and the car, they are at home, kinda cheating compared to everyone else that played on the spot. good luck

#51285 - 11/03/06 05:03 PM Re: Vote for me to win a new guitar...
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Thanks gents. I appreciate it, especially since I know that I played like crud. Being on the spot was wierd, and being sick sucked. I do remember though, having played much better licks than what was edited and heard...figures. Gonk, hmm. hope that doesn't mean that I'm totally out of it at this point then. Thanks anyway.

Doug

#51286 - 11/04/06 10:24 AM Re: Vote for me to win a new guitar...
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I don't know, Doug...I think you're being a bit too humble. If you play that decent when you feel like crud, I'd really like to hear you when you're on your game. Hope you bag that guitar.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts