Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#51165 - 12/20/05 04:44 PM Fedex can bite me
Trekkie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
OK so I'm like a kid at the candy store waiting for first of three devlieries of my 990, 7125, and cables. One is on truck for delivery today.

I'm at home, waiting, upstairs where I can easily hear the doorbell, I'm looking out the window, I've got my wife and kids at home as well

I go out and get the mail at 2:15PM, mailbox is at end of street, I go upstairs again within earshot (we tested after the fact) of the doorbell.

Come downstairs at 3, there's a slap tag on the door with 'sorry we missed you'

They didn't ring the doorbell, they assumed no one was home. I call fedex and they're nothing they'll do for me, I have to wait another day.

I work at home all day and this is what I get. This is about the 5th time they've done this. One time I had the lights on, sat just by the front door, and was in the bathroom and they were gone already never ringing the doorbell.

Yee-ha.

God I hate it when they do that.

#51166 - 12/20/05 06:36 PM Re: Fedex can bite me
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i hate it when i get a big order from parts express,it's raining,i know fed-ex won't ring the doorbell(won't hear it if they did),leave the garage door open,come up to garage for a smoke,look,there's my order on the step getting wet.they suck!

#51167 - 12/20/05 09:01 PM Re: Fedex can bite me
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
You really have to watch for them, but my boxes always arrive in prestine condition with FedEx. When I get something shipped UPS, the package looks likes it barely survived a nuclear war. I'd rather miss it for a day or so, then have it beat to death. The rain issue would be unacceptable though.

#51168 - 12/20/05 10:06 PM Re: Fedex can bite me
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
ups always done good for me.airborn did a good one though.

i refused something for my truck when i thought it might be totalled,signed off on the pad.next day they brought it back,of course,no one was here
turned out my truck wasn't totalled so no big deal,just shows incompetence.

edit:turns out, after i got my truck back on the road realized the steering wheel was bent and had 1 broken motor mount and the other mount was bent.if it would have been caught in the first place i would not have the truck now.

#51169 - 12/21/05 09:47 AM Re: Fedex can bite me
Trekkie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
UPS in my area has been good to me so far, though I never pay for anything at the UPS store, just do it online and take it in. It seems if I go in and do it UPS charges me 2x as much as the website does.

FedEx is the only one I've had delivery issues with. They must use contractors or something. I've had them come as late as 10PM recently.

#51170 - 12/21/05 09:56 AM Re: Fedex can bite me
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
UPS has generally been pretty good for home deliveries for me. FedEx, despite being a home town company (their world headquarters is here, along with a very big shipping hub), has a harder time with home delivery - at least in my experience.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts