Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51163 - 03/15/06 08:59 PM Re: AVS Forum
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
iardon:

Your not the only Outlaw at AVS however if you've had the same luck as me you may sometimes feel like the only one..........lol.
I am a regular member of AVS and try to help people out whenever I can.
I've seen the Outlaw bashing threads and have tryed to argue them till I'm blue in the Keyboard smile

From what I've noticed their are about 5 very vocal Outlaw bashers over at AVS and they do give a lot of people the impression that Outlaw is not well reguarded.
That really is a sad thing because many people will be swayed by the opionions of this small collection of Outlaw bashers.
I've also noted that most of them are using a Pioneer Elite Receiver as a Pre/Pro.
I see that as a matter of preference and nothing to do with the quality of the products. IMHO Elite Receivers are fine products but are also very warm and laid back and really the flip side of the very (what you put in is what you get out aproach) of Outlaw Audio.
I really believe this personal bias/preference for "warm sound" is why they don't like the Outlaw Products with their Brighter more analitical aproach to sound reproduction.
I personally don't like my sound made warm and fuzzy by my gear(thats my personl bias). I want to hear what is on my disk as true to the intent of the Band and the person mixing it as possible. Oulaw does a commendable job of this IMHO.

Don't let someone elses opinion sway you in any way. Listen for yourself and when you find what makes you happy(By Happy I mean that cat who swallowed the canary grin smile ) then all the reviews or opinions of all these other nuckelheads (myself included) won't mean squat.
Trust your ears and you can never go wrong.

Just my .02
Hope this Helps smile

Lasher

#51164 - 03/16/06 08:41 AM Re: AVS Forum
PapaBear Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas
iardon, I picked up a pioneer elite vsx-72txv and did a demo against my outlaw 990/7700 last night.

I can tell you that even though that pioneer elite is a nice receiver for about 1/3 the price of my Outlaw, in no way what so ever can that pioneer elite vsx-72 compete with the pure clean sound from my Outlaw 990/7700. That pioneer elite is back in the box ready to return to my B&W dealer today.

btw: My B&W dealer also let me demo Rotel rsp-1068 pre and rmb-1075 amp with my B&W 703's. The Outlaw 990 pre Outlaw 7700 amp opened up my B&W 703's with pure and clean presence of the Horn of Maynord Ferguson. Just jaw dropping sweet smile
B&W 703's
B&W HTM7 center
Outlaw 990/7700

My comments on Rotel from March 8th
http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/34/t/000554.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM