Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50981 - 05/19/05 02:56 PM HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
QQKLTB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Maryland
I LIVE NEAR BY A MOVIE THEATER THAT THE NEW STARWARS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE PLAYING AT. FOR TWO DAYS THERE HAVE BEEN PEOPLE CAMPING OUT, LOUNGING ON SOFA'S, TINTS, ETC. WAITING IN LINE FOR THE TICKET OFFICE TO OPEN. MY QUESTION IS WHAT KIND OF PERSON WAITS IN LINE FOR DAYS TO SEE A MOVIE? MAYBE I'M MISSING SOMETHING BUT IMHO I'M NOT WILLING TO WAIT AN HOUR IN LINE, LET ALONE DAYS TO SEE ANY MOVIE. CAN ANYONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF SUCH A THING? I UNDERSTAND HAVING BRAGGING RIGHTS (FIRST TO SEE IT)AND ALL, BUT IS IT WORTH IT? DOES IT MAKE MUCH SINCE? I'M NOT TRYING TO BELITTLE ANYONES OPENION. I'M TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL.

#50982 - 05/19/05 03:33 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Everyone has to love something I guess .
I got too see Episode III in a private screening at the local theater last night . It is actually better than the last two . Still has some moments that just did not quite sell themselves on screen though . But, overall it is the best of the first three by far .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#50983 - 05/19/05 03:49 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I love Star Wars but I would never wait in line for it. I remember when the Phantom Menace opened my friend and I had tickets to the very first midnight screening but when we got there and saw the Star Wars geeks dressed up in full costume lining around the building we left and saw the movie 3 days later.

#50984 - 05/19/05 04:29 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Yeah I know what you mean . I had a similar experience when TPM opened up . It's 3 A.M. cold and we had to wait outside when we could have been inside . I only waited for 30 mins . but it seemed like forever .

#50985 - 05/19/05 04:53 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Some folks see it as a social event (like the group Jed M ran into) - get together with your fellow devotees to the series and "geek out" for the occasion. I wouldn't mind seeing it today, but there are too many things in the way, so I've arranged for a "date afternoon" with the wife to see it Saturday. After 28 years, a couple more days to see the final installment won't kill me...

#50986 - 05/19/05 05:03 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

I don't mind people dressing up so much as I do the geeking out while the movie is playing . They wait for years to see this stuff and then run their suck holes through the entire thing . It's just a little annoying is all .

#50987 - 05/19/05 07:11 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
rdperry Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Dayton Ohio
I am a big starwars fan and yes I went to watch episode 3 last night with all the nuts. I guess for me it is not something that really can't be understood but rather something that clicks for you or doesn't. I think in a way it is a lot like peoples love of home theater. My friends all have $199 htib or nothing at all so when I say that I bought a $1000 reciever they think I am nuts and they just don't get it. I guess people just love what they love.

#50988 - 05/19/05 08:17 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
Audioholic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MI
Here's one for Star Wars fans (the ones with a sense of humor) :

Triumph visits Star Wars fans (2002)

#50989 - 05/19/05 09:38 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
QQKLTB Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw a group of people lounging on sofas with a table between, eating dinner. To each it's own.

#50990 - 05/20/05 01:40 AM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

And may the force be with them .

#50991 - 05/20/05 11:05 AM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
QQKLTB Offline
Gunslinger

NICE SPEAKER SETUP E'PIN Sen Ob. AM I SEEING TWO CENTER CHANNELS THERE?

#50992 - 05/20/05 11:33 AM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

QQKLTB, thanks and yes I am using two spks as my center . I plan to flank the screen in the future with the speakers placed on either side of the screen . This allows me to manipulate a virtual center which seems to jump right off the screen .

#50993 - 05/20/05 07:03 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

For some reason it seems like things are a little slow here on the ranch today . Guess everyone is watching starwars or something .

#50994 - 05/21/05 07:13 AM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
QQKLTB Offline
Gunslinger

What name brand speakers are you using?

#50995 - 05/21/05 09:40 AM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
Eddie Horton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, Alabama
Looks like Paradigm to me.

#50996 - 05/21/05 01:46 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Eddie is right they are all Paradigmn . What are you using for your system QQKLTB ?

#50997 - 05/21/05 06:21 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I'll chime in here for the geeks. This time around, I didn't have an option since I was travelling and was out of town. Plus, with our two little girls this sort of thing isn't really a choice for me any longer.

But when TPM came out, some of my family and I took turns waiting in line for several days. We had a blast! It was so much fun because we weren't just standing around alone watching the clock tick by and waiting to go in. We were with a bunch of other people sharing a common interest. It was like a big party. We even got interviewed by some radio and tv stations. Once we had tickets, we came back a few days later and waited again for about 3 days to actually get in so we could be near the front of the line and get a good grouping of seats together. It seems a little silly thinking back on it, but it really was a blast!

As a disclaimer here, I wouldn't put that kind of effort in to see any movie (including this one) in just any theater. This was to get in to the Cinerama in Seattle. Seeing a movie in this theater is a phenomenal experience. Paul Allen bought the theater when it was about to be torn down and completely revamped it to state of the art. It's equipped with digital projection on a MASSIVE screen and has absolutely incredible sound. Plus, the seats are very comfy. When we lived in Seattle, if we wanted to see a big movie (Master and Commander, LOTR trilogy, etc.), we went here.

#50998 - 05/21/05 07:53 PM Re: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
I too will stand up for the geeks. While I have never done the line standing and camping out for Star Wars movies, I love the series and these guys look like they are having a blast. Life is too short to care what anyone else thinks. I am sure a lot more people would be doing what they love to do if they weren't so concerned about being geeky or whatever. More power to them and may the Force be with you....always. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts