Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#50964 - 05/05/05 12:20 AM Incredible war film
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
If your into war films this one is for sure a keeper. The foreign made film Tae Guk Gi is a Korean made epic about two brothers and the hardships they face during the Korean war. Now for the good stuff. The action sequences are on par with RYAN! Yes I know it's not possible especially since steve had nothing to do with it right. Well it's true. You can tell they went to the how too shoot a serious butt kicking scene school of Spielberg. The intensity is jacked through the roof and is non stop for almost an hour and forty minutes. Now, a fair warning to all. It does come with a Dolby Digital 5.1 english sound track. But the idiots who did the voice over track must have been hand picked by Bam Margera. They make waste of some very intense scenes with their poor delivery of dialogue. So I suggest you watch it with the Korean soudtrack and subtitles enabled. Aside from that this film is one hell of an intense, non sugar coated, in your face, violent, make the MPAA weep war film. the no nonsense approach to the horrors of war are captured on film as well as insight into the effects war has on cultures and societies which must endure such an event. I strongly recommend seeing this film. You might be able to find it at B-buster or Hollywood video I don't know. I bought mine off amazon. Best 20 bucks I spent in a while.

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#50965 - 05/05/05 05:20 AM Re: Incredible war film
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I always watch foreign films with the original soundtrack and subtitled. Dubbing never works and it seems more often than not they redo all of the sound effects and score as well. Rarely is it done anywhere even approaching the original sound.

#50966 - 05/05/05 09:35 AM Re: Incredible war film
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
True I agree with everything you just said. Have you seen the house of flying daggers? the sound track where they are fighting off the flying rebels in the woods is pretty awesome. The chinese surround track in 5.1 is 10 times more powerful than the english version in this film . it is not a subtle effect either .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts