Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50810 - 01/04/05 11:34 AM I need new software for CD burning.
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I purchased Nero 5.5 a while ago and although it was one of the few application that had all the features I wanted it has been a pain to get to work every since I first purchsed it. Now I have upgraded my PC and Nero's "AutoDetect" feature will not work unless I locate the original CD which I never got because I paid for and downloaded the software from their site. Nero support never replies and the application will not recognize my DVD-RW/CD-RW drive.

OK I am just complaining about nero now...sorry about that ;-)

Can anyone suggest a good CD burning applicataion that has CD Text support ? I have a Sony CD jukebox so I copy every CD I purchase adding CD text as I do so and my player recognizes the CD text and displays the song titles. I am willing to pay for a good program.

#50811 - 01/04/05 01:53 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
I use Sonic's Record Now! program. You'd have to go to their website and see if it has CD text support.

www.sonic.com

#50812 - 01/04/05 02:05 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sorry - Nero would have been my suggestion, although I've had similar headaches re-installing after getting a new PC (in my case it was trying to track down the serial number buried in a 2-year-old e-mail since I, like you, downloaded rather than buying a CD). I will offer a recommendation against Adaptec's programs, since that's what I replaced when I went to Nero.

#50813 - 01/04/05 02:19 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks kugumby RecordNow came with my PC and I thought it didn't support CD text because I used "Exact Copy" which didn't write CD text.
If you enable CD text in preferences and create a custom CD using all the tracks from the original CD you can copy with CD txt. Not perfect since this takes much longer then "exact copy" since I have two drive. Projects copy the files to the hard drive first and then makes the CD. Nero supports direct copy with CD text. Of course nero doesn't work so RecordNow will have to sufice.

ADDED After I posted: RecordNow has an additional problem. It always creates the CD with a CD title of "Custom CD" which is not at all what I want. I need to be able to edit the cd title text also. The manual for RecordNow says press the "Edit CD properties" button to change the title but there is no such button. I have a support email pending but you know how that stuff goes frown

If anyone has another suggestion I would still like a fast copy with CD text feature. This will suit me for now though.

#50814 - 01/04/05 03:23 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk,

I keep all my registrations for software in one place so I found my serial number and was able to re-install nero 5.5 but it will not recognize my burner so I can not get it to work. Aparently the AutoDetect feature in Nero 5.5 is for CD-ROM's only anyway. I think i need to pay $50 for an upgrade to Nero 6.0. I may also consider RecordNow Delux if someone at Sonic will confirm that it supports full CD text with editing.

#50815 - 01/04/05 05:08 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I would still recommend Nero. It's now in version 6

#50816 - 01/04/05 10:06 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Sorry nero continues to be as bad as ever.

I emailed support twice and they never reply. I have never been able to get in touch with support the entire time I owned the product.

So I decided to uninstall 5.5 and downloaded the 6.0 demo version to see if it would work. As soon as I started it it says the demo is expired. It's a brand new machine. There is no way I ever tried this software on this machine.

I need more suggestions ;-)

#50817 - 01/04/05 11:23 PM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Hmm. I was lucky to get Nero 5.5 a little over a year ago with the CD burner I purchased. Haven't had a problem with it. I like it better than the old Sony program on the other computer. I didn't an OS or a specific burner listed. I don't know if that would help me with anything, but maybe someon else. I think it's just not getting along with something else in the setup. That's why I like to use the software that came with the drive. Howver, there are no excuses for that kind of tech support.

#50818 - 01/05/05 09:38 AM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
Paratrooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Conyers,GA,USA
Desperado,

Nero.com has Package 3 of Nero 6.6 available to download for free trial. It is good from 12-3-04 to 1-31-05. Try the other Mirrors if the server is real slow. I downloaded this last month and was so pleased that I bought Nero 6 Ultra Edition at Best Buys, there was a 30 mail-in rebate. I am very satisfied with this software and never use the Ulead package that came with my new A08XL Pioneeer burner.

#50819 - 01/05/05 11:25 AM Re: I need new software for CD burning.
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Paratrooper I didn't realize NeroMix burned CD's. I was trying to get NeroBurn which is what 5.5 was called. I downloaded NeroMix and through much effort got it to work. It fails every time I select 16x write so I have to drop down to 8x. It too does not support CT Text when making a copy of a CD (nero 5.5 did support this) so you have to add the songs to yout playlist, burn a cd. Enter Artist and CD title manually and then burn the CD.

So once again nero seems to be winning even though I hate it. It fails at 16x but I can live with that more than I can live with incorrect CD text which is provided by RecordNow.

Thanks everyone for your help. If I decide to go with nero I may be back here for support since their support is horrible and you guys talked me into buying it laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM