Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
Patriots all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#50741 - 01/02/05 12:05 AM Re: Football Playoff Projections
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
Blech. You Massachusites have had enough fun to last you for a while. I'm for anybody else smile (And yes, I am jealous.)

I say let's have a rematch. Sox and Cards back at it in 2005!

#50742 - 01/02/05 09:42 AM Re: Football Playoff Projections
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Hullguy:
Patriots all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, not this year. :p

#50743 - 01/07/05 02:06 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
Once again the Patriots will be in the Superbowl. After they send the Steelers down to defeat in the AFC championship. I know no one can stop "the bus" but New England got game too with Corey Dillon. So strap it up boys this one counts.

#50744 - 01/07/05 02:25 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
As much as I HATE the Steelers(being from around Cleveland!), I gotta give it to'em this year.

#50745 - 01/07/05 02:51 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
This year I also have to go with the Steelers. More depth and heart than any other team, AFC or NFC, by a long shot.

#50746 - 01/07/05 04:43 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
RAMS!!!!! (Who cares if the Steelers, Pats and Eagles are a better team on paper, that's my team!!!) laugh wink laugh

#50747 - 01/07/05 04:53 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
The Steelers only have Cowher to coach them. We have Belichek!!! Maybe after he wins the Superbowl. he can go over and fix the mess in Iraq!

#50748 - 01/07/05 08:03 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Being born and raised in Pittsburgh......you guessed it, Steelers, and it's gonna be a walk in the park.

#50749 - 01/07/05 08:54 PM Re: Football Playoff Projections
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
If the weather is good (not snowing or precipitating at least) the Colts will take out the Patriots. Patriots have been very lucky with a couple VERY "fortunate" calls in their Super Bowl years. Overrated. :p

Ok, even if the Pats get Ty Law back he's not going to be as effective as before. They would desperately need that to have a prayer against Manning. Isn't their best DL guy out too? Big loss of pressure there, and it hurts against the run. Pats won the opener, but don't forget how close it was and that the Colts did have several key plays late that went the wrong way. Lots of plays designed to protect Manning and let him pick apart that secondary. Run James enough to keep them honest. Brady is human. The Dolphins game proved it. Not sure how much that will be on his mind.

Steelers will beat the winner anyway. They're going all the way. Their guys will be rested up enough to recouperate for a few more games. They won't be hurting any more than the other teams, so that gets cancelled out.

The Colts had better not look past Denver as they very well could take them out. Denver is extrememly dangerous to anyone and everyone. Including themselves. If they have bad weather it may actually help them. They're in most every game anyway despite Jake Plummer mistakes. Manning doesn't make mistakes, so anything that could bring them on is more than welcome. Hurt them more than it hurts you so to speak.

NFC is the Eagles' to lose. Atlanta could be a much more serious threat than many want to acknowledge, but they're so darn inconsistant. I don't think the Eagles can take any of the 3 AFC teams w/o TO at pre-injury form. He must have his leg at 100% to have that game-breaking ability. Otherwise he's just another reciever. However, he could still be helpful for the Eagles because he can take hits, unlike the other wusses. They need a big jump forward, not a moderate step though.

When hot, Atlanta may be the better team to beat out the AFC, but they don't get that hot with any consitancy. How do you prepare for Michael Vick when he's really on?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM