Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#50669 - 11/10/04 01:04 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

rmeredit- I live in Cochranville, PA.

I think we'll see the same number of posts from Gonk, but they'll make even less sense than the small amount they do now;).

#50670 - 11/10/04 02:23 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
Okay. I'll jump in next. I'm Todd Gilmore (39) and I live in St. Louis, MO with my wife and menagerie of pets. (Dogs, cats, bird, fish) We volunteer and are foster parents for a Dog/Cat rescue group here in St. Louis called Impact for Animals.

I'm an Architect/IT guy and I graduated in 1988 from the University of Kansas. (Perfect timing as we won the NCAA Basketball Championship that year.)

It's great to know a little more about the folks you see around here all the time. Echoed congrats to the Gonks and thanks again to the Outlaws for giving us a place to hang out from time to time.

#50671 - 11/10/04 05:46 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
"Excuse me Painttoad, but until you chimed in I thought this was the beginning of an AA meeting. Perhaps Audioholics Anonymous and not Alcoholics Anonymous"
i was gonna start off by saying'"hi my name is joe........"
but it was a little chilling.
congrats gonk

#50672 - 11/10/04 06:37 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Married, no kids. I have more hobbies than I know what to do with but motorcycles, hiking, biking and digital photography are near the top of the list.

I've been involved in audio for a bit over 30 years doing everything from owning my own recording studio, working in electronics engineering at Altec Lansing and JBL, and as a music and sound editor in Hollywood on feature films. I currently work in the sound department at Disneyland.

#50673 - 11/10/04 07:37 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
painttoad Offline
Desperado

disneyland on mars???????
man, technology and the space program......

#50674 - 11/10/04 07:44 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
disneyland on mars???????
man, technology and the space program......
That's why they made Tomorrowland.

#50675 - 11/10/04 08:31 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
painttoad Offline
Desperado

when is that?

#50676 - 11/10/04 09:24 PM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
when is that?
Never mind.... :rolleyes: frown

#50677 - 11/11/04 02:09 AM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

I am 23, major in IT. I do LAN & WAN planning and design with Routers, Firewalls and Switches; Windows Server Installation, Configuration, and Integration; Security implementation, Cabling, Network support & administration. I am familiar with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, File and Web Servers, Cisco hardware. I am also MCP, CCNA certified.

Currently seeking an entry-level position in networking, but people seem not interested if you don't have any work experience. I really don’t know what to do now and pretty tired of this shit. Want to change career. I am interested in professional recording, cinema design, and speaker building those stuffs.

How did you start your career if you don’t have any work experience? Anyone has the same problem?

#50678 - 11/11/04 10:00 AM Re: Howdy Y'All (Introductions)
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
I'm Jay Singer, 52, a husband, father of two, musician and teacher. I've always found that I can listen "through" any audio to the music that was under all the scratches, clicks n' pops. OTOH, the little old ladies unwrapping their cough drops at Severance Hall while I'm trying to listen to the CO drives me crazy! My portable ax, a Yamaha S80 was bought more for its "feel" rather than the sound (which is fairly good, btw.)
I started this ht thing by moving my Mackie speakers to the sides of an old crt. Then when I got the universal Pioneer player it opened the floodgates. I view my dvd's through a Sony Cineza front projector and the audio comes through 5 Mackies and the LFM-1, all controlled through the 950. Works beautifully for sacd's and dvd-a's as well as for ht. Best of all, my wife "gets it!" We are anticipating the arrival tomorrow of the Ekornes furniture to complete the room. Free advice: for those of you considering a large screen tv: go with a front projector for a less expensive yet higher quality picture.

Later!
Jay

PS See my tour journal at: http://aroundthelake.crazyguyonabike.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM