Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#5005 - 07/31/01 08:23 PM Outlaw 750 vs Audiosource Monoblock
tomahack Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How would you compare them? AudioSource Monoblocks looks like a great deal. Five of the model 5.3 would cost around $1100.00 for 5x250w in 4 ohms. Stable into loads as low as 2 ohms. Anyone heard them? Can't make up my mind!

Thanks

#5006 - 09/20/01 01:19 PM Re: Outlaw 750 vs Audiosource Monoblock
subdoofus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: irvine, ca, us
Hi
I have an audiosource Model Two. I have a lot expensive gear and I think audiosource is a very under-rated product. (probably because it is so cheap and looks cheap too sometimes.)
After all the amps i have heard by audiosource, I found the AMP Three and AMP two sonically and tonally pretty accurate (compared to marantz accuphase and electrocompaniet on audioreview.com)
I know these are big names...but audiosource does a very good job at this low price....
I dont know if comparing their monoblock would be such a good idea...as far as I heard they did not have that much luck with their "5" series and after Phoenix Gold buying them out...no one knows what's in store for the future....I did speak to someone from AudioSource about their 6 and 7 series which has left many people silent.
They came out with a series of digital amps using the tripath chip. I think this is pretty impressive and I would rather wait for the 6 or 7 series than rush for the 5 series....meanwhile I think the 750 is a great amp ...for this price...personally....i prefer separating my channels

Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts