Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#50040 - 05/03/03 12:01 AM The Model RR2150 Contest
admin Offline

Gunslinger

As mentioned in our Mid-Spring 2003 Newsletter, we are conducting a contest in this space involving our forthcoming Model RR2150 product. The rules are as follows:

Two Model RR 2150s will be awarded: one for the first guess posted that comes closest to an accurate description of what it will be. Try your best to not only describe the product, but to decode the information in the model designation. Another RR 2150 will go to the entry that, in our sole opinion, is the most humorous description of what it might be, but isn’t. Everyone is allowed one entry in each category.

To get you started, we’ll seed things with some hints. The first is to say that the RR 2150 is the first of its kind for the Outlaws, but it may be the last of its kind for anyone and everyone else. In other words, this product is in a category where we currently do NOT offer a product, and when we’re done it may well be that no one else will offer one again. As a further hint, for those of you who are die hard film buffs is a reference to one of the Outlaw’s favorite obscure films. The general philosophy of this product was loosely inspired by the movie The Final Countdown, with Kirk Douglas.

{A side note to anyone who has already joined in on the discussion in the current RR 2150 thread: In fairness to those who have already made a guess as to what the RR 2150 is, all comments from the initial thread will be included in the contest, but since the participants in that thread did not have the benefit of the hints disclosed above, they will be allowed another chance to enter their guess.}

As always, one entry, with one guess in each category, per e-mail address. The winners will be selected at the sole discretion of Outlaw Audio, LLC. Anyone without access to e-mail may send an entry to us via the Postal Service as long as it reaches our offices before the contest closes at Midnight on June 4, 2003. (We will unveil the RR 2150 on June 5th at the Home Entertainment Show.) Employees of Outlaw Audio and its suppliers, as well as their direct family members are not eligible. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited by law, your mileage may vary, do not use while standing in a pool of water, change your socks before you leave home, look both ways before crossing the street, etc., etc.

#50041 - 05/03/03 12:05 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I think it's an all vacuum tube reel-to-reel tape recorder!

#50042 - 05/03/03 12:50 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
truthseeker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Il
Well, if it has anything to do with "The Final Countdown"(a decent movie...the best was ogling Katherine Ross, of course), then it would probably be either some kind of retro=radio of some kind or some type of surge supressor...a gigantic magnetic storm/vortex caused the ship(the Nimitz, I believe) to go back in time. If I have to choose one of the two, it'd be the Retro Radio.
Now, all I have to do is figure the 2150 part out....probably two SET tubes with a total of 150 watts/side....naaaaah, couldn't be.

RR could also have something to do with Rail Road?...amp rails?

#50043 - 05/03/03 01:52 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
cnewlander Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: chicago il
Lets look at this from a scientific and humurous standpoint. Lets chop the model number into two pieces. We get an RR and 2150. Looking into the past we see that Outlaw talked about but never brought to market the IR-1000. Which was an "internet radio". Beats me what the 1000 stood for. So I will say the second R in RR stands for receiver. That leave us with the first R. What makes this R different that all other R's ? Why is this R so important? Why is this R in front? Is this R really an R? Whoops, I sound like I'm asking the four questions on passover here. Ok on to the contest at hand here. I'm thinking this device has to be something sort of futuristic from the the movie reference. Ok, I will say the first R stands for "remote". This is some sort of Remote Receiver with 2 channles of 150watts each and somehow interfaces with current outlaw "stuff" such as the 950 or 1050. So you can hook this RR-2150 to you current HT system and pump the audio part of your HT over RF to other area of your hideout. Go on, tell me I'm right aren't I ?

#50044 - 05/03/03 02:04 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
The RR-2150 is a Radio Frequency Remote control (RF)+ (RC) = RR. It will be the ultimate remote control with all present and future Outlaw products pre-programmed in or updated through a firm-ware update.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#50045 - 05/03/03 03:59 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
crazyray Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thr RR2150 is indeed a "retro receiver" with the look and feel of classic audio of the past but with connectors/inputs for digital audio of the present. It will accept stereo inputs from digital formats, phono and other analog sources, and will contain conventional and satellite radio tuners. The look will feature a real wood case with real knobs. All sources will benefit from the dual mono 150 watt amplification channels. This will be topped off by an RF remote.

Like "The Final Countdown", this "weapon" could win the war and change history then or now.

[This message has been edited by crazyray (edited May 03, 2003).]

#50046 - 05/03/03 07:29 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
REAL: I think it's a DVD player with universal disc playing capabilities. It will have multiple outputs including stereo, 6 channel, both digital (coax and optical), and firewire. All three levels of video: composite (upgrade your TV if you need to use this!), S-video, and componont. Not sure about a DVI output yet, but that's a maybe here.

FUNNY: I think it's a DVD player...FROM HELL! Outlaw will send a free movie along with the player. Hey that's sounds like fun! What movie are the sending? Does anyone remember the video tape from "The Ring"?

#50047 - 05/03/03 08:57 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
I think it must be a "radio" retro or not. Maybe similar to the "acoustic wave".(better I would imagine) As far as the 2150 I don't know 2 channel, 1 input, 50 watt? I hope it is a "crotch rocket" 2 cylinder 150 HP that would rock!

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#50048 - 05/03/03 09:07 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
ttn0001 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Coppell, Texas
RR - RF Remote Control System, 2150 =(2 units consisting of the RF Remote Control Unit and RF Command console up to 150 feet range)

There you go! RR2150

#50049 - 05/03/03 02:03 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Michael1280 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Akron,Ohio,USA
Hmm, I think it's either a turntable (record reader), A tuner (real radio had allready been said), RF remote (Radio remote), DVD Player (Reel Reader), DLP Projector (unsure), Power condioner (RF Reducer). Hmm I am guessing that the movie would be Red Rider, and I have no idea how that could inpire a product unless it's bass transducer for tactile conveyance. STill not sure how the final countdown coudl inspire a product since it was about time travel. Oh well I hope somonhe gets it.

#50050 - 05/03/03 02:45 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Nov3 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The RR2150 is a realtime room correction system. It helps correct reflections and phase response issue with Home Theaters by time shifting and phase aligning the audio signals in real time. There is also some equalization capability.

[This message has been edited by Nov3 (edited May 03, 2003).]

#50051 - 05/03/03 05:39 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well...since the Final Countdown was a time travel movie, my guess is this:

The RR2150 will be an update of the IBCM, only the RR2150 will be 5 channel audio switcher which will include TIME management as well as bass management. It will have inputs for two (or more) 5 channel analog devices.

How it will manage the time equilization? I don't know...that's why the outlaws are the outlaws and I'm just a guy who buys their brilliant stuff.

And since, ultimatly, in The Final Countdown the crew opted to do nothing and not interfere with the attack on Pearl Harbor, that's what the RR2150 will do...absolutly nothing to your audio signal. It will be a completly clean sound which simply enables you to balance your 5ch analog imputs to your listening room.

Jason

#50052 - 05/03/03 05:56 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
JkFruit Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Orange, CA
Here is my wild guess...
In the Final Countdown, the Nimitz with its advanced military technology could have changed history but did not. Outlaw, on the other hand given the chance, being Outlaws, they probably would...So now with the advanced technology in audio, Outlaw is reaching back to better an old audio equipment that is not available in their current catalog:
A high performance vacuum tube tuner called RR2150: Reference Radio frequency two vacuum tubes AM/FM tuner that uses 2 specialized miniature tubes (Tube model 15__.)

#50053 - 05/03/03 08:53 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Its the ReactorRadio2150.

Nuclear powered, this Radio can remember the settings of 2,150 of your favorite AM (maybe FM, too) stations. With a suitable forklift, it is portable: take it to the beach and warm up that freezing ocean water while listening to your favorite hot music. Depending upon how loud you play it, the Reactor will not need to be refueled for up to 20 years or longer. Reactor refuelings cost an estimated 2,150 million dollars and do not include disposal of the waste.

With our award winning and patented neutrino speaker technology, everyone can (and will) share your music. Everyone. Everywhere. NO exceptions. Obstructions like floors, walls, and planets will be no barrier to the ReacorRadio2150 getting its musical message out there.

ReactorRadio2150: take one home today.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited May 03, 2003).]

#50054 - 05/04/03 11:35 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
I would like to point out that I was the first to guess it was some sort of the radio in the last thread. That said, my first guess was anything but specific. Here we go:

RR = Radio Receiver with built-in atomic clock.
2150 = Frequency range in which it tunes into for updates on the atomic clock.

Notes: I really wish I understood astrology and math a little bit better. That understanding would translate better all the findings that come up with when you type in "atomic clock" and "2150" in a search engine.
I got "atomic clock" from the US Nimitz being a nuclear aircraft carrier who does a little bit of time traveling.
As for a "radio receiver", it doesn't do internet or satilite broadcasts but rather just old-fashioned AM/FM reception. The radio is still the place to get free music legally. If the Outlaw tuner was up to a good standard, you could get that music "loud and clear."

Umm, if this is wrong, can this be my funny guess also.

#50055 - 05/04/03 11:52 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
rghinton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI USA
It has to be rack mount adapters for the M-200. I can't wait.

#50056 - 05/04/03 01:10 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
RichW Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NYC, NY
Funny Entry...

Did you get your butt kicked today at work?
Did the market hand you your ass today?
Do you sit on a wooden stool at work?
Did your wife catch you looking at another woman and kick you in the can?
Do you watch 16 hours of tv and movies a day?
Is your only hobby playstation and xbox?

Basically, does your rear-end hurt? Do you have aches and pains in your buttocks?

If so the Rump Rubber 2150 is here to help you. It gently to firmly to rather aggressively rubs your butt to complete and utter puddy based upon the setting of your choice.

The Rump Rubber 2150 has 21 gentle asian woman sized fingers massaging your butt with up to 50 watts per finger. With 21 settings from gentle tickle to hardened man love, the Butt Rubber 2150 has a setting thats right for you.

The Rump Rubber 2150 has been scientifically proven to relieve stress in your ass. It not only feels good but it removes unwanted tension in your bottom.

Inf fact, over 90% of users of the Rump Rubber 2150 have found less pain and soreness in their rump. They have also found reduced levels of cellulite.

Before using the Rump Rubber 2150, Jim Buttache had aches and pains cause by his work; Jim is a forklift operator and spends upto 12 hours a day sitting on a hard bench. In addition, when he comes home, he likes to watch movies on his hometheater soundsystem (flash a picture of an Outlaw 950/770 combo) for another 6 hours. You can bet, Jim's ass is in poor condition at the end of the day from of all this stress. Here is what Jim has to say:

"At work and at home, my butt gets a real work out. It often would get sore and tired.
I tried other products, gels, muscle relaxants, creams, butter and none of them worked. But now that I use the Rump Rubber 2150, my butt does not have any aches or pains. And its firmer as well. My wife has even said, your ass is not nearly as ugly now that you have been using the Rump Rubber 2150. So set your ass free and get the Rump Rubber 2150"

So take it from Jim and his pleased wife, the Rump Rubber is the only salvation for those of you with a sore ass.

This product can not be found in stores.

For a limited time only, the Rump Rubber 2150 can only be found purchased online at www.outlawaudo.com, the company that know's where your ass ought to be.

Rich

[This message has been edited by RichW (edited May 04, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by RichW (edited May 04, 2003).]

#50057 - 05/04/03 02:11 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
eurorom Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: El Paso Texas
Well I am sure that it is a (R)adio(R)eciever(2150)Khz and I believe these are some of the features:Sensitive FM mono and AM receiver
Elegant wood cabinet
Wide range sound with ported speaker enclosure
Smooth 5:1 tuning ratio
External 75 ohm FM antenna input
Headset jack for private listening
Record output and auxillary input
120 VAC or 12-16 VDC power.Dimensions: 4.5 inches high x 8.375 wide x 5.25 deep and weighs five pounds.
So am I a winner???? And remember RADIO is the key WORD!

#50058 - 05/04/03 02:24 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Rogerr Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Sedona, AZ, USA
The RR2150 is a Relativistic Reverb unit with 21st century technology but with sound right out of the 50's.

------------------
Roger
"That goes without saying."

#50059 - 05/04/03 04:03 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
jazzlaw Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Roound Robin 2150 Jukebox - retro styled jukebox capable of holding 2150 CD's - on a hard disk drive (in MP3 format).

#50060 - 05/04/03 04:27 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
jazzlaw Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

And now for the goofy one:

Real Rip-off at $2,150.

A magna-nuclear sound enhancer. With stored nuclear energy equal to a 1950's nuclear bomb, this cigarette-box sized gadget is a must-have for any audiophile. Placed within 3 feet of any system it will make your system sound 1000 times as expensive as it is. How is this possible you may ask? There are 2 components: the magnetic energy causes all sound waves to sound more natural, perhaps even "tube-like" for a sound that is easily 5 times better. The radioactive component permanently changes your brain, enhancing your ability to enjoy your system 200 tmes more.

Unfortunately, the world exclusive supplier of a key component of this device has recently dissappeared so our initial run of 20,000 units will be all that is avilable. Buy one now while they last and it is guaranteed to have a lasting effect on you.

#50061 - 05/04/03 05:30 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Greg W Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Glenrock, Wyoming, USA
Im thinking the RR2150 is going to be a universal machine, one that will have the capability to play back DVD-V,DVD-A,SACD, and also CD's and MP3'S, in both 2 channel and multi-channel modes, it will also have the ability to be upgraded in the future to be compatible with emerging technology.

#50062 - 05/04/03 06:22 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
I would guess that it involves time shifting so I am thinking it is a PVR of the RePlay variety:

RR = Replay Recorder
2150 = 2 input 1 output 50 hours

#50063 - 05/05/03 09:21 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
alfredo mora Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Corona CA
A digital radio tuner,to comply with digital
radio transmssions adopted by some stations from Analog AM/FM to digital AM/FM.

#50064 - 05/05/03 09:27 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Dangit! I think Oaf has it knocked. I'll second the ReRun 2150 unit which is like a Tivo or RePlay unit for time shifting TV. The number 2150 would represent a 2 Gb(2150 Mb) storage capacity. If this guess is correct, I'd hope it would be compatible with Hi-Def TV and include an onboard ATSC tuner.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited May 05, 2003).]
merc\'s primary system

#50065 - 05/05/03 10:03 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
angel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The RR 2150 is a first-ever collaboration with RadioShack.
"The Ragin' Road and River RC Reciever" with flip action.
The first mobile reciever, you will never have a room in your house without high-quality audio. Just zip it around your house from room to room. Stairs are not a problem with the Knight Industries Turbo-boost (copy right 2000) option.
But that's not all! The RR 2150 also floats and can be taken bass fishing to provide the perfect soundtrack to catching the big hogs.

Requieres 2,150 AA batteries.

Cheers,
Angel

#50066 - 05/05/03 11:26 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
TurnerF Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis,TN
I always loved that movie - my favorite scene was when the two zeros thinking they were in the most advanced plane in the world almost crashed in the wake of the 2 F-14s as they did a supersonic fly by. A perfect example of technology rendering prior technology obsolete. So with that in mind I offer my guess a Recordable Receiver. Complete with 2 ethernet connections (wireless, wired) and a 150Gig Hard Drive. Automatically stores CD's when played the first time - then shares that music with receivers/computers connected to it. No more running up and down the stairs looking for your favorite CD - just call it up and play it. Comes with AM/FM and Internet Radio built in.

#50067 - 05/05/03 04:16 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Outlaw enters the pharmaceutical business with the Proton Energy pill. Having secured the formula through time travel to 2150, they have obtained the formula from Roger Ramjet (RR 2150) ... the next product, the RB 1960 will be a weight loss pill that makes you weightless. Designed from upsidaissium garnered from a trip back to 1960 and dealings with Rocky and Bullwinkle...

#50068 - 05/05/03 06:06 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
richey Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: CA
The RR2150 is a hard drive based recording reciever that leapfrogs the 1050 and is designed to complete against the home theater pc market but with style. The focus is to allow users to record television and radio programming on demand or by way of schedule. It leverages the free scheduling data feeds available on the internet and/or over the cable lines thus eliminating the need for any recurring monthly subscriptions. Additionally, this device builds on all the features and capabilities of the 1050 but adds Dolby Pro Logic II. It also has a built in DVD-RW/+RW drive with SACD, DVD-A for reading and ripping your own volumes as well as supports connectivity to external storage volumes.

#50069 - 05/05/03 08:09 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
MitchellC Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Middleburg, FL, USA
I think that the answer is quite obvious.

I know that this product is the future of in-house government surveillence. It will resemble the telescreen out of George Orwell's 1984, although it will have much more advanced decoding capabilities, such as upgradeable surround formats for the ultimate impact with government propoganda.

Not convinced? Let's break down the model number: it has "RR" and "2150." "RR" can be nothing other than "Ronald Reagan," who sought the ability to spy on citizens. The "2150" in the title is the time in which it was supposed to reach implementation, but due to high demand, it will be debuted just this year.

#50070 - 05/05/03 11:35 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Oaf,

"Designed from upsidaissium garnered from a trip back to 1960 and dealings with Rocky and Bullwinkle... "

using the "Wayback" machine, of course.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#50071 - 05/06/03 01:03 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Dobaker Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Eugene, Oregon, USA
The RR 2150 is used to correct for time/space imbalances among 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 channels so that the sound arrives at the listening position from all channels at the same time at the same volume level.

#50072 - 05/06/03 02:23 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ, USA
Quote:

To get you started, we’ll seed things with some hints. The first is to say that the RR 2150 is the first of its kind for the Outlaws, but it may be the last of its kind for anyone and everyone else. In other words, this product is in a category where we currently do NOT offer a product, and when we’re done it may well be that no one else will offer one again. As a further hint, for those of you who are die hard film buffs is a reference to one of the Outlaw’s favorite obscure films. The general philosophy of this product was loosely inspired by the movie The Final Countdown, with Kirk Douglas.

Guys,

The answer is so obvious. It's an aircraft carrier.

Just think. Outlaw's never made an aircraft carrier before, right?

And if Outlaw makes a carrier using the same design philosophy as that with which they make their other gear, it's not like the US Government can compete price-wise! (Cost from US Government: $28 billion, plus luxury tax. Cost from Outlaw: $599, plus no tax if you order from out-of-state.)

Honestly, I'm surprised you guys didn't pick up on this.

Jeff

#50073 - 05/06/03 10:42 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Q-man Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: on the water
Since, the RR2150 is inspired by The Final Countdown and will be a first and last of its kind product. It is obviously a Bose preventing machine. RR is retroactive rectifier. 2150-how many pre-orders Outlaw expects since everyone of us will want credit for having prevented Bose from happening. Look for the RR2155-8 next. To keep the 8 track from having exsisted. And the RR-mpeg blaster to keep inferior sound recording from happening.

#50074 - 05/06/03 02:29 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Outlaws,

Just one question: does the plutonium come with the aircraft carrier, or does that cost extra?

Jeff

#50075 - 05/06/03 04:13 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Plutonium is not a fuel option on CVNs

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#50076 - 05/06/03 06:27 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

As you can see, I'm not the most educated consumer where aircraft carriers are involved. All the more reason to be thankful for Outlaw's entry into the aircraft carrier market!

So do aircraft carriers take regular or unleaded?

Jeff

#50077 - 05/06/03 09:21 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Lead is one of the components of reactor shielding.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

who can't spel

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited May 07, 2003).]

#50078 - 05/07/03 12:33 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

And my Outlaw Model 770 amplifier was weighted down with lead bars! (Or at least, I presume that's the case. How else could it be so heavy?)

It's all coming together. Outlaw uses lead in my Model 770, they make heavy things, and an aircraft carrier is a heavy thing with lead in it.

Brilliant! By Jove, I think we've unmasked this mystery component once and for all!

Jeff

#50079 - 05/07/03 03:21 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
bbots Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA
It is a TiVo for radio.

The "RR" stands for Radio Recorder. It records radio onto a hardisk for time shifting. It can also do internet radio and audio streaming. The best part is that it is for you car! It has 2x50watts output plus 1 pre-amp output.

My Stupid Guess:

The outlaws have combined the popularity of CD-RW technology and the die hards love of vinyl records to create the world's first LP-RW! That's right a vinyl disk recorder that you hook to your computer through USB 2.0. Just imagine going to the computer store to pick-up a spool pack of 50 blank vinyl records.

RR = Record Records
2150 = USB 2.0 with 1 pack of 50 blank records included free of charge.

#50080 - 05/07/03 09:57 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
AshleyBurt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
Funny: 21.50lbs of Racked Ribs. After installing the RR2150 into you Home Theater Audience its guarenteed to improve sound performance by rounding out those flat edges of the belly. This will help reduce standing wave/freqency mode effects "flatline" you room response. These ribs are so tender they should be Outlawed. Available now at your local audio speciality and grocery store. Just look for the green button.

#50081 - 05/07/03 11:02 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
AshleyBurt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
I think it is a digital junkbox. 2150 refers to the old wurlitzer 2150 junkbox capable of hold 200 records (CD's in the RR2150).

#50082 - 05/07/03 12:33 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Are you tired of Joe Millionair, Judge Judy, Survivor, and Mr. Personality? We've got the solution for you!

The all new Reality Restrictor

This new product is guaranteed to block all Reality TV shows that may enter your home through any media! We have ensured that it will block at least 2150 simultanious reality based TV shows... You'll never have to endure "reality" again!

#50083 - 05/08/03 12:28 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Vetinari Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: DFW, TX
RR2150
1. It's a high-quality radio tuner suitable for adding to an Outlaw 950. But its an analog radio with no capability for tuning in the digital broadcasating technology said to be about to revolutionize AM and FM radio(hence the "and this may be the last product of its kind").

2. I agree with the time-shifting element referenced above; 2150 probably refers to the recording time/capacity of the unit (e.g., 2.15 GB).

#50084 - 05/08/03 12:53 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Secret spy photo of Outlaw's new RR-2150 Open Reel Tape Recorder undergoing testing! - RR-2150 = Reel to Reel, 2 tracks, 15.0 inches per second

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited May 08, 2003).]

#50085 - 05/08/03 12:16 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Soundhound, that looks like an EARLY prototype: only one VU meter so the Reel-2-Reel recorder is not multichanel.

At least with monophonic audio, it is easier to achieve pinpoint imaging.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#50086 - 05/08/03 12:46 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
soundhound Offline
Desperado

AH, but that's the brilliant part! They discovered that they could bypass all the problems of "imaging" and placing of multiple speakers by a revolutionary technique. Monaural! With only one speaker to worry about, there are no concerns about "imaging", no ugly multiple speakers to offend the little lady (or little man). Perfect sound forever. Absolutely brilliant, Outlaws!!

#50087 - 05/08/03 04:50 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
dreiter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Manassas, VA
I was thinking along the lines of a Tivo recorder as well. I'll go with 2 inputs and 150 Gig hard drive.

#50088 - 05/08/03 05:43 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hueytown, Al. 35023
IT is a analog PreAmp with 5.1 inputs for SACD and DVD Audio as well as traditional 2 channel line inputs. It may even offer a phono option.

#50089 - 05/09/03 12:43 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

A 5.1 channel phono section?

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#50090 - 05/09/03 10:05 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
saintinno Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I think the RR 2150 is an processor/preamp with no bass management ability.

#50091 - 05/09/03 11:52 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Isn't it obvious? The RR2150 is a PC-based control center, combining the home theater PC (HTPC) concept and the universal remote to provide centralized control of all home theater functions. Rather than forcing the home theater enthusiast (and his friends and relatives) to use complicated remote controls and remember which devices connect to what inputs, it provides a simple and direct user interface similar to HAL9000 ("What do you think you're doing, gonk?"). I think I even found a beta tester (bottom of the rack, under the ICBM). Due to its uncanny ability to understand its users' request and its ability to store up to 2150 discrete commands, it was named the "Remote Rapport 2150" or the RR2150.

OK, so perhaps "obvious" wasn't the right word...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#50092 - 05/14/03 10:35 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
RR2150:

RR= radical research

2150= based on the 2,150 posts on the subject.

the result...the all-new Outlaw Logo.

available soon for purchase to cover the existing Logo. simply peel and stick.

#50093 - 05/14/03 10:41 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
ppellegrini Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Lima, OH, US
The RR2150 is:
Radical Receiver
- version 2 spinoff of the original 1050
- will likely sport 7 channels
- 150watts/pair, or 75watts each channel
- improvements include all decoders
Just call it the 1050's big brother.

#50094 - 05/14/03 10:52 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
ppellegrini Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Lima, OH, US
The RR2150 is the new religios cult of the future. 2150 refers to the year of this final coming, the RR (real reason) is for us fanatics that get so lost in worshiping the audio gods that we wrap our very beings around these sound reproduction systems. The RR2150 will replace the Bible for those that buy one. It will become the center of their lives. They will invite friends and family to show them their RR2150 and they will speak fondly of their new friend in audio reproduction. Speaking of reproduction, the RR2150 will be better than procreation the traditional way. Everyone will want one (at least the audio converts will). All hail RR2150.

#50095 - 05/15/03 01:12 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Chimay Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Phoenix, AZ, USA
RR2150:

Final Countdown synopsis: modern technology meets the past, so...

Retro Radio
21presets (AM1=7 presets, FM1=7 presets, FM2=7 presets)
50 watt output (25wx2)

#50096 - 05/15/03 02:08 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
master of disaster Offline
Gunslinger

The model rr2150 is the first product in a new category of audio video products.It is a ceramic dvd player.The rr is short for "rrrrrr",which is of course one of the sounds a lion makes.This beautiful hand painted dvd player,which is in the shape of a lion is the first dvd player which is suitable to be beautifully displayed anywhere in your home.Your friends will think it is a fine piece of art,or even an ancient chinese artifact.when you want to insert a dvd simply move the dvd toward the lions mouth,which is sculpted in the open mouth "growl" position,and the built in laser sensor will automatically send the lions tongue out to accept your dvd.The lion tongue is completely lifelike with hand painted detail.it has arealistic pinkish hue and even the small bumpy papillae which is a feature of every mammals tongue,but hidden in the centre of the tongue are small indentations in the familiar circular shape to accept your cd or dvd.surely this product will revolutionalize home audio and video components for all time.

#50097 - 05/15/03 02:18 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
master of disaster Offline
Gunslinger

I'm going to take a serious guess which i don't think anyone else has made yet.I think it is a digital tv receiver/decoder.It may also receive digital radio/internet transmissions.

#50098 - 05/15/03 03:17 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Master of Disaster,

And when the lion is finished eating/playing the disk, it is ejected from where and in what condition?

Each disc is good for a single play.

------------------
the 1derful1

#50099 - 05/16/03 09:19 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
RR = Rail Road
2150 = Weight Capacity of the Personal Train, the outlaws like to be precise hence the RR-2150 instead of the RR-TON.

Now I know you are all asking, "Why would the outlaws build a train car ?". Well, having just moved for the 4th time in the last 5 years recently, I found the answer was quite obvious to me. Let's face it folks, once you purchase a few high quality components the gear grows quickly. First you say "Hum, a high quality receiver for just under $500, why not. Then you decide that the little speakers you have are not cutting it, "Honey, I gotta get some nice LARGE speakers". How come everyone else's house seems to rumble when they watch movies ? Subwoofer, sounds like a fun item ? What do the folks at the outlaw Saloon recommend ? Gotta get a SVS. Wow ! This thing is huge. What's this 6.1 button for ? Rear center speaker, gotta get one of those, "Honey, did you notice that there's an empty area behind the couch ? I'm think it needs a speaker." SACD vs DVD-A, hum tough choice...I can't decide....what the heck I'll get both, just in case. Now that I have all this wonderful sound filling my room that screen looks awfully small, back to my local dealer to find a nice big screen. Let's not forget the 52 remotes that you are saving just in case you need to re-learn your universal remote. I gotta keep them safe. Add the miles of wires and cables and you have some serious shipping needs.

So when you decide to move across the country how do you transfer all your precious gear ? With the Outlaw, ultra shock absorbing RR-2150 train car of course. The RR-2150 car has a removable storage compartment which can be towed to your house to be loaded and then it's a simple task to ship your gear via the Rails. So what's so special about the RR-2150. Well once you load the gear into the car, including your couch of course, your ready to travel with your gear in style. You see the RR-2150 stores you gear in the exact configuration of a high quality, soundproof, home theater. So bring your favorite movies and audio CD's and kick back inside your RR-2150 to travel in style. Don't forget to tie a pillow case onto a stick which is filled with enough snacks for the trip !

===========================================
So what's my humorous entry ? Let's say a replacement for the 1050. I know this will not be specific enough to win but I have never seen the movie and can't figure out what the RR stands for.

#50100 - 05/16/03 03:13 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
I think its obvious. The RR stands for Radar Range. The RR2150 is a microwave. In true outlaw style this baby has a lot of power 2150 watts. It will nuke food so quickly, you will think that it finished cooking before you put it in. Almost going back in time if you will.

The outlaws obviously think that having such a quick microwave will enable it to overwhelm the marketplace sending companies like GE, Panasonic and the like scurrying from the market place.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

#50101 - 05/18/03 10:30 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
MJConroy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Laytonsville
The RR2150 is a clock radio.

It allows you to travel through time - you can fall asleep listening to it and wake up later - having traveled through time! It syncs up with the atomic clock (so it's nuclear-powered like the Nimitz!) to keep perfect time!

#50102 - 05/18/03 11:33 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
MJConroy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Laytonsville
The RR2150 is a a radio reverser. It erases the havoc created by the corporate takeover of radio that has destroyed the FM airwaves. It takes you back in time to the 60s and 70s when you could hear good music on the radio.
How does it do this? It picks up signals from outer space of those long-ago broadcasts (remember the opening of Contact?)

#50103 - 05/20/03 03:56 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
JasonA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marion, Iowa
I guess it's time I ring in on my "guess" as to what the RR2150 is. I debated whether or not to even post, as I'm pretty sure I actually own the RR2150 (or a prototype). Here goes...

I was in Taiwan a few weeks ago for a business trip, and I picked up something that I think might be a disguised RR2150 (maybe they have a test market over there?). It has all of the trademark Outlaw qualities, and is definitely a “one of a kind” product. However, I could be totally off on this one, you be the judge. If I’m right, the RR2150 is a WHEEL MOUNTED SUBWOOFER. That’s right, a combination subwoofer/wheel, I assume aimed at the high-end custom automotive audio market. Based on the size, it’s probably really intended for the tricked out SUVs owned by the likes of Shaq and all the rappers with nothing better to do with their money. I’m guessing you’ll be seeing a lot of these at the dB drag races this summer.

I’m not sure what the RR stands for – maybe Road Rage or something like that (these things will certainly annoy the heck out of your neighbors). The sub/wheels have a 21” diameter, and take a 50 series tire, thus the 2150 designation. I personally think PD2150 (Pimp Daddy 2150) would be a better name for them, but I’m no marketing genius. I think that if you wanted to be correct, the pronunciation whould be “R-R twinny-wun fiddy”.

The RR2150 is kind of hard to describe, but I'll do my best. Basically, you have a rather unusual speaker frame that doubles as the rim for the wheel. The magnet assembly on these things is monsterous, as it is an integral part of the driver, and is where the driver/wheel is mounted to the rest of the car. The cone of the sub is some sort of metal – maybe magnesium or aluminum (I wouldn’t put titanium past the Outlaws, either). An interesting thing to note is that the “suspension” of the cone is extremely rigid – pushing on the cone barely moves it. I suppose that’s to keep the thing durable over the potholes. The wheels also come with “spinners”, which is pretty cool. I only saw the one style there, but there might be others in the works (more on that later). Outlaw has come up with an ingenious spinning contact system, which appears to be durable enough to stand a lot of punishment. The spinners attach to the outside of the rim with some good quality bearings, so they’ll stay spinning through a 3 minute stoplight. And of course, the sub’s dust cap is the trademark Skittle green. The quality and craftsmanship is right on par with Outlaw’s other products. Beyond the green “dust cap”, the real giveaway as to the origins of the wheels is the shape of the “spinners”. The outside rim is intended to look like a lasso, and the center section is a guy wildly riding a horse. (For those of you that aren’t thrilled with the logo, don’t worry. When the wheels are spinning, it’s all just a blur!)

I’m not sure if Outlaw’s version will come with this, but each wheel I got also came with a 12oz can of “Pimp Juice”. The can claims that it is officially endorsed by Nelly. I’m not sure what the stuff is, but it drives the ladies wild! Kind of tastes like Mountain Dew with Pixie Sticks mixed in. There must be something else in it though, as it makes you particularly “smooth”. The proof is in the pudding – I think I conceived triplets on this stuff!

I’ve heard through the grapevine that Peter Tribeman is quite the “Pimp Daddy” himself. I’ve seen him in several pictures with the likes of P. Diddy, Snoop Dogg, and even some older shots with Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, and Run DMC. So that might explain the motivation behind this sort of a product.

I was going to try to get a picture of the RR2150’s on my Cadillac Escalade, but my stupid digital camera went dead on me. I had it in the truck with me last week, but I think the hard pounding of the RR2150’s may have killed most of the pixels.

If I’m way off on this one, I apologize. However, I do think this is an untapped market, and if this isn’t what the RR2150 really is, Outlaw better get on the ball and get something like this going, as this is DEFINITELY going to be the auto trend of the decade!

Jason

------------------

#50104 - 05/20/03 04:09 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

RR = Really Rugly - as in faceplate no doubt!
2150 = the estimated number of posts complaining about it !

#50105 - 05/24/03 04:15 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi:
RR = Really Rugly - as in faceplate no doubt!
2150 = the estimated number of posts complaining about it !

Seriously though, I'm going with a Room Response correction device for frequency response analyzing/calibration/correction. It will have a plug in microphone that sits in your optimal butt site, so that it can first analyze your room response with a built in test tone, and show on screen the response graph with dips and peaks highlighted. One can then dial in a problematic frequency that your room struggles with and correct it.
The 2150 part is mysterious. Probably designates the number of bands that are tuneable - say 50 bands (18Hz - 25KHz) with 21 selectable points, 10 positions each side of the central point = 21 !

#50106 - 05/24/03 05:53 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

"Seriously though, I'm going with a Room Response correction device for frequency response analyzing/calibration/correction. It will have a plug in microphone that sits in your optimal butt site..."

Kiwi, thats OK, but if that microphone starts drinking my beer, it's out the door!!!

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited May 24, 2003).]

#50107 - 05/24/03 09:13 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Kiwi,

Ooh, that's a good one. I wish I had picked that one.

I'm guessing that it's a Remote Router. It allows you to do multi-room with multiple remotes. Acts as a hub for up to 50 different remote controls in up to 21 zones. (Ok, that's overachieving, but hey, it's a guess.)

Jeff

#50108 - 05/26/03 09:41 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
Red Rocket BB gun w/ telescopic scope and automatic trigger. Boy, just what I wanted for Christmas.

[This message has been edited by JeffreyMercado (edited May 26, 2003).]

#50109 - 05/27/03 07:49 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
jm99 Offline
Gunslinger

It is an Outlaw version of a Motorola DCP501 with a hard disk instead of a DVD player.

#50110 - 05/30/03 06:30 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
yipean Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Centennial, CO, USA
I'll say a Room Rumbler (i.e. subwoofer) with 2 - 15" cones, one active, one passive radiator. Priced at $599 would be nice...

#50111 - 05/30/03 10:15 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Or a "Rump Rumbler" that's Outlaw's take on the Bass Shaker.

Jeff

#50112 - 05/30/03 11:40 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Rump Rumbler!!!

You must be over 18 to ride this couch.

Paul

#50113 - 05/31/03 02:04 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul J. Stiles:
Rump Rumbler!!!

You must be over 18 to ride this couch.

Paul

The worst part is that your quarter runs out at the most exciting parts of the movie, and you keep having to fish for change!

Jeff

#50114 - 05/31/03 10:45 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

I didn't know that!

I'll have to get the optional credit card reader.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#50115 - 06/02/03 09:33 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well, since I've already included a "serious" guess...here's the not so serious guess.

The RR2150 is Outlaw's newest nitch product. The Rectal Rumbler.

Yes, outlaw has created a peice of sonic equipment specificaly aimed for the over 60 crowd. The rectal rumbler is an engineering marvel that assists those poor unfortunate souls who find themselves unable to maintain regularity with their delicate functions. Outlaw Audio recognizes that these wise elders may feel strained in their efforts for releife, and have created a unique audio device that will assist them in getting the horses moving again.

The rectal rumbeler is specificaly tuned to 13htz...a tone commonly refered to as "brown noise". This frequency causes the colon of the person seated directly against the speaker grill to resonate as to facilitate the quick and effective removal of the contents of the lower digestive tract.

The innovative features of the rectal rumbler include:
-An Elongated Bowl
-1.6 Gallon Flush
-Chrome Flush Lever
-A powerfull 1250 Watt Amp
-2 15 inc titanium drivers
-A frequency modulation panel to "fine tune" to you or your loved one's colon
-Seat available in natural Maple, Cherry, and white.

I've compiled the secret pictures that I snuck out of outlaw headquarters at this site, enjoy!

http://FMCorps.tripod.com/rr2150/rectalrumbler.htm

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited June 02, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited June 02, 2003).]

#50116 - 06/03/03 12:23 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Fmcorps,

Some of those photos look vaguely familiar. I think a may have seen them in an Attends or Pampers commercial.

Paul

p.s.

I guess I will have to wait untill the 5th of June. I'm going to the show, so I'll get to see it for myself.

------------------
the 1derful1

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited June 03, 2003).]

#50117 - 06/03/03 10:50 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
PEANUT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PORTSMOUTH, VA USA
I am also wishing for a Radio frequency Remote with 2150mb capacity, ...of course with touch screen and presets for the 950, at an amazingly low price, like we have learned to love and appreciate from the Outlaws.

#50118 - 06/04/03 01:33 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
RyanJohn Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Boise,ID,USA
Well, I just ordered my 950/755 combo, so I think I should jump into this contest while possible .

The new (R)adial (R)eciever 2150 will definitely be in a class of itself. By taking any measly 5.1 or 7.1 source, you too can upconvert your home theater to the new standard 21 channel ULTRA-MEGA THX. That's right, with 21 channels at 50 W each, you will have the ultimate in pin-point localization, and enough drivers to threaten the neighbors with man-made earthquakes!

The new (R)adial(R)eciever 2150 can work in two modes. The first, (R)adial mode, allows you to literally encircle your seat in evenly spaced drivers. For this mode, outlaw recommends equally sized satellites, with a complimentary subwoofer, or two, or better make that three. For the more "traditional" home theater center, you may use the (R)ectilinear mode. In this mode you will have one center channel speaker, 4 front speakers, 6 side speakers (each side), and 4 rear speakers. This "box" configuration will allow you to truly enjoy "surround sound" like never before.

And just because the outlaws have a sense of humor, the RR2150 will be selling for... you guessed it, $2149.99!

That's a tad over 2k for 21 entire Channels running 50 Watts each!

Preorder now, and we'll throw in 200 feet of new outlaw speaker cable free!

#50119 - 06/04/03 02:45 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by RyanJohn:
Well, I just ordered my 950/755 combo, so I think I should jump into this contest while possible .

The new (R)adial (R)eciever 2150 will definitely be in a class of itself. By taking any measly 5.1 or 7.1 source, you too can upconvert your home theater to the new standard 21 channel ULTRA-MEGA THX. That's right, with 21 channels at 50 W each, you will have the ultimate in pin-point localization, and enough drivers to threaten the neighbors with man-made earthquakes!

The new (R)adial(R)eciever 2150 can work in two modes. The first, (R)adial mode, allows you to literally encircle your seat in evenly spaced drivers. For this mode, outlaw recommends equally sized satellites, with a complimentary subwoofer, or two, or better make that three. For the more "traditional" home theater center, you may use the (R)ectilinear mode. In this mode you will have one center channel speaker, 4 front speakers, 6 side speakers (each side), and 4 rear speakers. This "box" configuration will allow you to truly enjoy "surround sound" like never before.

And just because the outlaws have a sense of humor, the RR2150 will be selling for... you guessed it, $2149.99!

That's a tad over 2k for 21 entire Channels running 50 Watts each!

Preorder now, and we'll throw in 200 feet of new outlaw speaker cable free!

Sign me up! I want one!

Jeff

#50120 - 06/04/03 03:08 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

9 - 12 hours to go before closing (depending on their coastal definition of midnight)...this has been a hilarious contest. You could sign me up for the "Radical Receiver 2150" as well ... the "Rectal Rumbler 2150" I find kinda disturbing/interesting at the same time Good luck everyone!

PS. Accidentally put the contest onto page three too!

[This message has been edited by Oaf (edited June 04, 2003).]

#50121 - 06/04/03 03:32 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
OK, since pretty much everything has been taken I will say it will be some type of "radio relay" type of device. Something along the lines of listening to music from your computer in your living room without wires. Lame, I know but I can't say a receiver or anything retro since those have been taken.

On the other hand, if this is it, here
I will take two. Those will look sweet in my rack and I am not even from Toronto.

#50122 - 06/04/03 04:11 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

I'm still convinced it's an aircraft carrier, no matter what you folks say.

Jeff

#50123 - 06/04/03 09:27 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
chaos5 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
No, it'll be the RetroRemote. Inspired by old ship's mechanical telegraphs, it'll let you "Ring Up" the main stereo room, precisely indicating your desired source and volume, and awaiting visual confirmation that your every command has been answered. 21 will be the number of possible source options (allowing for track/chapter info from various sources, as well as tuner presets) with 50 discrete volume steps. A truly universal system, this device will work with any brand of audio gear, and since you'll need to hire and train someone to stand by the stereo room indicators and actually push the buttons on your gear, it's the type of "learning" remote you'll never outgrow (crew upgrades may be required).

[This message has been edited by chaos5 (edited June 04, 2003).]

#50124 - 06/04/03 10:37 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
JHoff80 Offline
Gunslinger

Okay heres my answer. The RR2150 is really Outlaw's new Rainbow Replicator 2150. That's right, Outlaw has finally listened and produced a budget DLP projector for everyone. This projector will have a brightness rating of 1000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2150:1. However, in order to make the projector meet its price range of only $1000, some major compromises had to be made. In this case, it would be the color wheel which spins at simply 1X speed, causing the general viewer to see rainbows along with their favorite DVD. However, when you tell your friends how cheaply you bought this projector, they'll be sure to try and ignore the rainbows too!

#50125 - 06/05/03 08:51 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what the RR2150 might be.

Wild a**ed guess ... real-time radio recorder? For timeshifting and pausing live radio broadcasts like Tivo & ReplayTV do for video sources? Highly unlikely, and I think too late to be a valid contest entry (I think the first page said something about 5/31 being the cut off?).

I think someone suggested "retro reactor"? Or something like that? New, nuclear powered amp. I like it. They should get a prize!

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#50126 - 06/05/03 11:15 AM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Well, it was 6/4, but you missed that by 9 hours.

Maybe the nice folks at Outlaw will include your entry, too. Technically, the 9/4 deadline was only so that you couldn't submit an entry after the product wasn't announced, and as far as I know, it hasn't been announced yet.

Jeff

#50127 - 06/05/03 12:50 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

What is it, What is it, What is it!?!?

Ok, now that I have that out of my system. Anyone who has returned from the Home Theatre Expo, drop us a post with the info.

#50128 - 06/05/03 11:42 PM Re: The Model RR2150 Contest
admin Offline

Gunslinger

Please note that RR 2150 contest is over and we have locked this thread to prevent further entries.

News about the RR 2150 will be available this weekend in the latest edition of the Outlaw Newsletter, and we'll contact the winners in mid-June.

Please note that further discussion on the RR 2150 should take place in the Saloon room devoted to that topic.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM