Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18 >
Topic Options
#49932 - 10/14/02 10:50 AM Re: The Model 200 Contest
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I haven't had time to read through all of the guesses, but the most common seems to be a 2 channel amp. I'll venture to guess it is a 2 channel amp, but a tube version based on some lower cost Chinese design.

#49933 - 10/14/02 12:54 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
Shaster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami Florida, USA
I've got a couple of Idea's.
1)DVD/CD player.
2)Bookshelf Speakers.
3)Inwall Speakers.

#49934 - 10/14/02 04:06 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
"Yes, I know what this is. It is an espresso machine. A water heater? Wait, I know, it is a snow cone maker."

None of these are my serious or silly guesses.

#49935 - 10/14/02 11:02 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
destro Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: lafayette, IN, 47905
real guess: cd player

joke guess: high def laser disc player

#49936 - 10/15/02 10:03 AM Re: The Model 200 Contest
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Hmmm... more than a few people have guessed CD player now... perhaps I need to change my guess... After all, if too many people think it is so, then it cannot be so... Such is the way of the Outlaws...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#49937 - 10/15/02 12:25 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
DOBEMAN is going in the direction that I was thinking.

My guess is a set of bi-wire speaker cables.

Chris

#49938 - 10/15/02 12:52 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
My other guess is that it is a parametric phase alignment device. This ultra smooth system operates in the X,Y, and Z planes for a full range of motion. It is firmly mounted to the floor of the listening room. A small accessory such as a LazyBoy or sofa is attached to the top of the device. The device comes in 2 versions -- the 200A and the 200M. While holding the remote of the 200A near a point between, and slightly in front of, one's ears, the remote sends a signal to the motorized system which automatically adjusts the listening position such that the listener is placed in the exact "sweet spot" of the system (regardless of it being 2, 5, 6, or 7 channel). Additionally, for those listeners not having time aligned speakers, the system will also oscillate to and fro to compensate for timing differentials associated with the sound waves emmanating from the woofers versus the tweeters.

While the spousal acceptance factor (SAF) for the Model 200A is not anticipated to be high, the SAF for the Model 200M (Manual) is expected to be lower since it is spouse who will be working the H**l out of a series of little cranks to position his/her significant other into the perfect spot and then attempting to shake the whole thing under the auspices of time alignment.

I think maybe I'll need to install a seatbelt in with mine and maybe make it a two-seater.

Chris

#49939 - 10/15/02 06:56 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
If you go by the current numbering system and Newsletters the 200 is not:

An amp
A processor or receiver
An internet tuner
Another ICBM
A projector
A DVD/CD player

I flip a coin and come up with digital amplifier…

Or a halter for a pony.

mj

#49940 - 10/15/02 10:03 PM Re: The Model 200 Contest
ZOOCOW Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA , USA
a two channel amp......I hope

#49941 - 10/16/02 12:14 AM Re: The Model 200 Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
A cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm).

A little thingie, shaped somewhat like a tape head demagnetizer. Remember audio tape? Demagnetizers?? Remember anything???

THE cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm)! AHHH!!!

The cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm)takes two batteries.

Special batteries (more about the special batteries later).

The cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) comes with an assortment of plug-in light emitting diodes (leds) of different universal harmonizing wavelengths (colors). Obsessive-compulsives will really appreciate the choice of different colored leds.

When the special batteries are inserted into the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) and one of the leds is attached to the special led attachment and the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm)'s ON-OFF switch is gently placed to the ON position, the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) vibrates (don't go there!) just at the edge of human perception: the nature of the vibrations is influenced by the color of the led chosen and by the aura of the user. Red leds help in the most excellent reproduction of the lowest frequencies. Very good for subwoofer. Orange led for mid and upper bass frequencies. Yellow and green: most agreeable for transcendental sublime reproduction of critical mid range frequencies. Blue for delicate high notes. Violet (with the ulta violet left intact) good for ultra high notes and dog whistle. Use sunscreen (spf 200 or better) when employing violet for happy avoidance of melanomas and cadillacs.

The user turns on (I said DON'T GO THERE!!!) the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) and gently and lovingly waves the pointy end (remember, cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) looks similar to a head demagnetizer) along each piece of audio equipment (what the heck, use cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) on anything you want) cherishing soothing vibrations emminating from cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) into user's hand. Move the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) in the direction going from signal input to signal output. Use it on the audio cables, even on your disks and pets. It slices. It dices ... oops, wrong commercial.

For to attain happiest opperation, gentle user is serenely encourage to think nice soothing thoughts while employing cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm). Many successes of sonic delight of application are to be obtained from frequent use of cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm).

The key to the proper functioning of the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) is the use of the special batteries.

These special batteries are special.

Special rechareable batteries that can be recharged.

Although rechargeable on any suitable charger, for the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) to function, the batteries must be returned to your cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) dealer, where, for a small fee (well, small for Bill Gates), they are exchanged for a fully charged set.

The near-dead batteries are air freighted to our research and development facility high in the Tibetan Himalayas, in one of the suburbs of Lahsa. There, in the dark of night, the batteries are fully discharged by Tibetan monks, who are chanting in order to fully exorcise bad sonic humors, anguishing, that are coming out of the dying batteries. These bad sonic humors origninally came from the user's audio (or AV) system that was visited by the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm).

When the batteries are fully discharged later that night, they are taken and placed in special battery chargers that get their power from an array of solar cells. These solar sells are aligned in such a way that each and every solar cell catches the first rays of the rising sun while NEVER being in a position to be in the shadow of another solar cell array. The morning dew, glistening enchantingly, brings a special joy into the hearts of the monks and a tear of thanksgiving to their eyes. As the first rays from the rising sun land on the solar cells and starts the batteries' reincarnation as power sources to power the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm), all of the Temple's monks commence the chant of re-empowering. When the batteries are fully re-empowered, the monks immediatly fall silent as one and lovingly repack the batteries for their airflight back, in first class of course, to cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm) dealers where they await awakening and and the opportunity to serve the users of the cosmic alignment harmonizer(tm), bringing forth cosmic alignment harmonies of great musical satisfaction.

Your bliss may vary.

With much humbleness of heart and humility of spirit.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

p.s. Edited because cosmic spell checker was not functioning harmoniously on day of post. It is better now, but may not be perfect (to allow for the possibility of spelling errors still inhabiting post).

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited October 30, 2002).]

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts