Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 31 of 45 < 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 44 45 >
Topic Options
#49681 - 06/22/01 11:30 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
ddilts399 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA
I vote yes if there is no additional cost. 3 things I consider when purchasing new equipment: 1) Narrow choice based on highest peer reviews in price range. 2) Demo what is available to further narrow the field. 3) Items that are left that I feel I get the most product for the money is the one I will buy. It also gives you one more + in your column when comparing to other brands.

#49682 - 06/23/01 12:16 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Tim Travis Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Riverside, CA, USA
As long as it doesn't cost more, then why not. More stuff to play with.
Tim

#49683 - 06/23/01 12:54 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Todd S Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New Orleans LA USA
Yes to 5 & 7 channel stereo, & Cinema Re-EQ.

No to “Concert”, “JazzClub”, “Stadium”,
“Men’s Room”, etc.

Though if discrete codes to all DSP modes were included I would not mind extra DSP modes.

Todd

#49684 - 06/24/01 03:35 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
abacus Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Maryland
Thumbs down. I don't use the fields on the 1050, and didn't on the box the 1050 replaced. They are fun for a day and then just in the way. A field can be created if needed.

This is a bigger distraction on the 1050 than it would be on the 950 pre/pro because the user has to thumb through the features much more on a unit without on-screen menus.

I confess; the "church" mode is almost necessary when listening to "The Benzedrine Monks of Santo Domonica" performing "Smells Like Team Spirit". But, I can push the delay if I want.

#49685 - 06/24/01 05:29 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Herman L Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Yes include DSP because I would like to have the option to use it or not.

#49686 - 06/24/01 06:16 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Magaggie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Elmhurst,Il, USA
Sounds good...you should include the dsp

#49687 - 06/24/01 07:48 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
rones Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Elmhurst, IL, USA
The more free options, the better.

#49688 - 06/25/01 01:33 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
millertourguide Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Buffalo Grove, Il
I vote yes for DSP modes, especially if The OutLaws' can come up with a movie mode that is close to Lexicon's and Harmon Kardon's Logic7, Yamaha's 70MM, Sony's Movie Theater Modes...these are some great sounding enhancements to the movie experience. Maybe an Outlaw, or Outlawyer can generate a new algorithms, that will knock the socks off, or at least get close to the other giant's without getting but in Jail as an outlaw>>>

#49689 - 06/25/01 10:51 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Dr Bob Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta GA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
The Outlaws would like to invite you to become part of our design team! Since we’re building these products for your enjoyment, we would like to offer you the opportunity to give us a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down” on music DSPs for the Model 950!

The main issue; with the introduction of Dolby Pro-Logic II (which will be fully implemented in the Model 950), there is a raging debate about including other DSP modes (i.e. “Concert”, “Jazz Club”, “Stadium”, “Men’s Room”, etc). Some of you find these modes interesting and pleasant, others hate them with a passion. We can choose to include them or exclude them in the 950. Cost is not an issue here. To include these modes, there are only a few extra lines of trigger code. What is an issue is additional complexity to all of the choices in a menu driven format. So we thought we would leave the final decision up to our customers. We need your vote…”thumbs up” or “thumbs down”, and if you feel inclined, you may discuss the reasons for your opinion.

As an incentive to participate in this poll, we will have a random drawing for all participants. The winner will receive a Model 950! The cleverness of your reason will not count. The only thing that is important is that you vote “Yea” or “Nay”. This contest will end July 5, 2001.

To join our team with a chance to win, post your opinion in the “The Great DSP Debate” thread below.

Now for the legal stuff:

We cannot be responsible for entries that are sent by you, but not received by our server and posted on the proper area of our web site. (Please remember that the user name and password issued for the Saloon is CASE SENSITIVE, and that’s the reason why some entries to our first two contests did not make it to the board.) All entries must be posted to the Outlaw Saloon no later than 11:59 PDT, July 5, 2001. Outlaw employees, vendors and their families are not eligible. Only one entry per participant is allowed.

I,m new to the outlaw website, and really just learning about home theater, but I vote for no other processing options. I think most folks play with them once or twice but really use the Dolby or DTS modes for home theater. Another toy, but not really to be used all that often.

#49690 - 06/25/01 02:36 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
pjb23 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Ardsley, NY, USA
I have to say thumbs down to the extra DSP modes also. My last 2 receivers had tons of them and I never use a single one, they all sound bad.

Page 31 of 45 < 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts