Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 45 of 45 < 1 2 43 44 45
Topic Options
#49821 - 07/05/01 02:27 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
rt297 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tucson
Scott,
Just 5 channel stereo please, and don't forget the idiot light above the display to signify when in DD mode.
Russ

#49822 - 07/05/01 09:16 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
owkone Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

A strong YES. Just make it user defeatable.

Occasionally, older recordings and poorer recordings can be salvaged using one of these modes. Also, I suggest that the DSP output be available as a line-level (tapeloop) output. I would also like to see some of the DSP parameters be user programmable.

While most audiophiles would not admit to using the feature, many average user may find the modes useful. That will broaden the potential market of the product. After all, we want Outlaw to survive and prosper - BUT also not lose its focus on the audiophile market.

Let's be practical here. Many niche market companies with wonderful audio products has succumbed because they failed to also appeal to a broader market.

[This message has been edited by owkone (edited July 05, 2001).]

#49823 - 07/05/01 12:47 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Irving TX
Opps,This is the first time on this forum I hope my mistake doesn't exclude me in the drawing.Anyhow I would vote No on DSP modes ,I dont use them now.Thanks

#49824 - 07/05/01 04:15 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Brad Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Omaha, NE
No thanks, I never use them.

Brad

#49825 - 07/05/01 09:45 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Nate-Dogg Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I vote to leave em' out!

No one ever uses these silly modes.

If there's any reason to have these and DPL2 I can't think of one.

#49826 - 07/09/01 09:13 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Scott Offline
Desperado

Attention All Outlaws:

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post a comment or opinion on the question of what to do about the inclusion of DSP modes in the forthcoming Outlaw Model 950.

The response has well beyond our wildest expectations, and though we have already read each and every comment, it will take some time for us to discuss the results internally. At this time we can certainly confirm that the 950 WILL include Dolby Pro Logic II. We don't consider that a "DSP Mode", and it has always been in our plans for the 950. As to the core question of the more familiar "DSP Modes", we'll post our decision when we're ready for the beta test.

As to the question of who is the lucky winner of a Model 950, we have to ask you to hang in there a while. We'll also announce the winner when the beta test begins.

All of the Outlaws express their appreciation to everyone who participated in this thread, and we welcome your continued comments in the "New Products Suggestions" section of the Outlaw Saloon.

#49827 - 08/07/01 03:55 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate
Scott Offline
Desperado

We are still on schedule to start the Model 950 Beta Test late this month, or perhaps early in September, but in the interim the Outlaws would like to close one of the issues on our "To Do" list.

When we took our customer survey a while back to get your opinions on the inclusion of so-called "DSP Modes" in the 950, we promised to award a unit to one of those posting a comment. We've conducted a random drawing from all respondents and entries, and we are pleased to announce that the winner is "mxy15". He will receive a unit as soon as production has begun.

While our final decision on DSP modes will take all comments into consideration, both in terms of the actual tally of "yeah" and "nay" votes as well as your insightful comments, we are still working on programming the microprocessor. That will tell us where we stand in terms of memory requirements for the necessary features, which, in turn, will tell us how much, if any, is left over for things such as DSP. We'll let you know what the final outcome is in September.

Page 45 of 45 < 1 2 43 44 45

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts