Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#49087 - 04/19/02 08:23 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
nonzero Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Why are you looking for an odd cable? My guess is for the PC?

#49088 - 04/19/02 11:06 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
Mr Hill,
I feel a little bit better now, why? Because now you got blasted for trying to help just like I did and I don't like being alone. This place gets more like HTF every day and there isn't any hands on moderators on here so it can only get worse. We must stick together guys(and girls of course).

------------------
m-mmeyer

[This message has been edited by m-mmeyer (edited April 19, 2002).]
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#49089 - 04/19/02 11:46 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
kelly

I understand your concern entirely, but I personally have never seen a "high quality" mini-plug cable. There just aren't that many advanced sources / components that use mini plugs -- not a lot of demand.

Such a cable may exist -- I'd try AudioAdvisor to see if there are any obvious cables, or check manufacturer's sites for Tributaries, AudioQuest, Nordost, CatCables, and maybe even ask BetterCables about a custom cable.

nonzero raised an interesting question -- what device are we connecting here?

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#49090 - 04/20/02 02:38 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
If you're connecting a computer, I would just use the adapter I suggested earlier. I don't consider any computer card worthy of much more. You'd have cable that is much better than any internal computer wiring. I'm using one (I checked what I had now that I'm home) and find it to be fine for the quality of MP3s I have. I'd spend my money elsewhere, maybe on a sound card with L/R RCA outs.

#49091 - 04/20/02 06:27 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
kelly Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Dallas, TX
If anyone else is following this thread, I've had two suggestions thus far:
1. Oehlbach
2. Twisted Pair Game Junkie

Oehlbach is a German company and while I have seen their cables stateside, I'm not sure whether the mini to RCA they make can be found here. I've emailed them.

Game Junkie seems to retail for $69 and have a twisted pair design but I've been unable to locate anything more specific. I've also emailed them since I didn't know of a dealer.

I'm still looking for alternatives and information about the above two cables.

This is really the most polite I can be about this--I'm only interested in discussing the cables. I'm not looking for advice on alternatives to the cable I'm looking for.

Thanks
Kelly

#49092 - 04/21/02 12:20 AM Re: mini to RCA pair
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kelly:
This is really the most polite I can be about this--I'm only interested in discussing the cables. I'm not looking for advice on alternatives to the cable I'm looking for.

Thanks
Kelly

Unfortunately when you ask a question you never really know the answer you will get. My advice is if you do not want to hear an answer, then perhaps you shouldn't ask the question.

If you are trully having a problem with RF interference then you should look for well shielded and twisted pair cables. Unfortunately they are few and far between for full mini to RCA cables. I have found that a short RS mini to F RCA adaptor and some good shielded twisted pair RCA's (actually automotive audio RCA's) have worked very well for me in a very EMI/RF noisy laboratory environment.

I trully can't imagine any situation where the source using such a cable would require such care with the number of contact points. If you care to enlighten me as to an exception I am more than willing to listen.

#49093 - 04/22/02 10:24 AM Re: mini to RCA pair
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
m-mmeyer: glad I could help.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#49094 - 04/22/02 11:34 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
I think I saw what you were looking for at Circuit City today. It was a Monster cable, mini to stereo RCA. I'm almost certain (90+%)both ends were male. I was going to get it, but there was a type of modem cable with it so it cost about $37. A bit to much for me with the sort of use I would give it.

#49095 - 04/22/02 11:42 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
kelly Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Dallas, TX
Benjamin

Thanks for the reply. Someone else pointed out that Monster had one but unfortunately it was said to be worse quality than my current Accoustic Research.

I went ahead and ordered the Twisted Pair cable that I mentioned earlier in the thread. It'd gotten pretty good reviews for its shielding and was $65 for a one meter run.

I'll check back in here when the Silvers are out but my search for the specialty cable is hopefully at its end.

#49096 - 04/24/02 02:48 PM Re: mini to RCA pair
ukexpat Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by kelly:
I've been hearing good things about Outlaw and am looking specifically for an odd cable--a mini (1/8") stereo to RCA pair cable. Does Outlaw make one or can anyone else recommend one? I have an Accoustic Research cable currently and the shielding isn't good enough to prevent rf interference.

Thanks
Kelly

Monster has exactly what you are looking for - the IP400:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=MCIP400%2E75&product_name=IP400%20Interlink%20Portable%20400%20Cables

------------------
Nigel Pond
SMR Home Theatre
SMR Forums
SMR Group
HighFidelityReview

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM