Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#49014 - 04/22/02 12:00 PM Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
stiletto Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Winter Springs, FL, USA
I was reading in the 950 thread that people who are on the waiting list for the 950 are going to get free interconnects because of the waiting. I say lets take this a step further and offer free interconnects to those of us waiting for the 1.2m cables! These guys obviously don't have anything better to do than wait around thinking of ways to give us more free stuff right!?! I have been waiting almost a month for these cables and I feel that like the 950 group, we should be compensated with free interconnects.

PS - I know Sponge Bob managed to get one of the early 950's, I hope they didn't send him early copies of the 1.2's also! That would be unfair!

#49015 - 04/22/02 02:53 PM Re: Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I must have a different opinion on this than a lot of you. I don't feel the Outlaws "owe" any of us anything for free. I think it was a very nice gesture on their part as a means of providing good customer relations for a product that had several unforeseen delays with the 950. But that doesn't mean that every little thing that comes out should be offered with some sort of "free gift with purchase" just because it wasn't out within X number of days of being announced.

Now if this were a contractual issue or something where there was a hard promised date and they had taken your money, that would be different. Yes, in that case I believe some sort of compensation for hassle (for lack of a better word) would be in order. This is simply a case where they said, "Hey, we've got this new product coming soon." Then there were the problems with the initial release of the 950. That situation almost certainly delayed other products while energies were focused on resolving those issues.

I guess, in short, it's my opinion that people are becoming much too focused on the me and instant gratification rather than the whole picture about what's going on. If it were a case of a direct slight, absolutely, make it right and make me happy. But that is not the case here. Let's all just take a deep breath and relax a little bit.

#49016 - 04/22/02 03:14 PM Re: Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
If you think that this was a horrible blunder, or a deliberate deception, on the Outlaws' part, and that it therefore ought to cost them financially...

I assure you that it already has.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#49017 - 04/22/02 06:15 PM Re: Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
stiletto Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Winter Springs, FL, USA
Hrmph, I thought I had started the topic off with tongue firmly in cheek, but I guess I will have to be more silly next time. Had figured the Sponge Bob remark would have put me over the top! By the way, anyone else waiting for the PSC or PCA 1.2m cables here is what I got back from an email in to Scott today:

The PSC line of cables is now scheduled to arrive in early May. I apologize
for any inconvenience this has caused you.

The 1.2 m PCA cables will be available at the same time as the new PSC line
of cables.

#49018 - 04/22/02 06:33 PM Re: Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
stiletto

Thanks for the update on the interconnects -- I'm looking forward to hearing how the new cables perform, even though I don't have a real need for composite/component video or coax digital audio cables for the time being. And, of course, thanks for the clarification on the sarcasm (which is sometimes hard to present/recognize). Silly is OK in my book.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#49019 - 04/24/02 02:21 AM Re: Does Outlaw owe us more for our patience?
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
stiletto,

My apologies! I missed the sarcasm as well. That's one of the perils of text based communication. I humbly step down from my soapbox and admit my mistake.

Oh yea, I also agree with gonk. Silliness is just great in my book as well!

Thanks for the cable update!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM