Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4900 - 02/05/07 01:50 AM Volume Knob- Replacement
threepoint1415926 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
Hello, first time poster here. I've had my 1050 for many years now with but one complaint, hence my reason for being a new forum member. Forgive me if this topic has already been covered, I've tried to search for my answer already but may have missed it.

My only complaint about my 1050 is its volume knob. No, I haven't had problems with it as in other posts, it's the physical knob itself and all of it's "plasticness." I would like to replace it with a machined aluminum knob to enhance the appearance and touch and feel of the unit as I and others control the volume manually (sans remote) often enough. I could have one machined by a friend but would rather not use up one of my favors on something as trivial as this if you know what I mean. So have you guys replaced yours and if so where did you get the knob? I assume knobs are somewhat standardized in their attachment? If not, what am I looking for?

Thanks in advance for you help. This seems to be a great place for me to find info on not just my amp but all sorts of audio topics.

Jon-Michael

#4901 - 02/05/07 07:47 AM Re: Volume Knob- Replacement
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Good morning, pi - welcome to the saloon!

I don't recall ever hearing of someone replacing the volume knob with an off-the-shelf part, but it may have happened somewhere along the way.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts