The other day I bought another S-Video cable to connect the DirectTV receiver (that is about to be hooked up) to the 1050. Saw an IXOS Silver 1m on sale for <$30 at AC4L so I bought it. Didn't want to spend the money for another silver serpent just for the cable (sat).

Tonight I was playing around, switching between the IXOS and a 2m Monster Video-3 (had this for a while) as the cable from the 1050 to the TV. Wanted to see if I could see any difference. Running BetterCables Silver Serpents from the components to the 1050.

Seems like on my system the Monster has brighter more "vibrant" colors than w/the IXOS. I admit my test probably wasn't great, as I always knew which cable I was using, and I could not switch them instantly. Still, for some reason I expected the IXOS to look better -- it is the more expensive cable (suggested retail at least) and appears to be quite heavy and nicely built. I was just surprised that it made the colors a bit dull with my equipment.

So which one is "better"? With my equipment -- the monster. Probably depends a lot on what you have it connected to. Just thought this was interesting so figured I would post it. Will try to compare the Silver Serpent and the Monster soon, though I seriously doubt I will have any complaint about the serpent, as that is what I am using from components to receiver now.

(edit note): Another reason I was surprised is because I don't hear a huge amount of good comments about Monster. When I bought that Video-3 a while back I didn't know there were so many other cables out there to choose from.

[This message has been edited by snowman (edited February 20, 2002).]