Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#48757 - 01/28/02 12:35 AM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
The IR1000 sounds like a nifty little toy... I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to patronize the Evil Empire...

#48758 - 02/01/02 01:50 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
ukexpat Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Hill:
The IR1000 sounds like a nifty little toy... I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to patronize the Evil Empire...

Please see my report from CES on the IR1000 for details of current and future format support: http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/ces2002/home_theater/page_01.shtml

I also specifically asked Peter Tribeman about the absence of a digital output. His answer was that they were concerned about getting wrapped up in a piracy debate. I don't think the absence of a digital connection should really concern anyone. It is unlikely that any extra a/d and d/a conversions will have a significant impact on the quality of streaming audio.

#48759 - 02/01/02 01:57 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Ack! It's that damned RIAA again. _Somebody_ has got to rein in those people.

#48760 - 02/01/02 06:55 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
BigJeff Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ukexpat:

I also specifically asked Peter Tribeman about the absence of a digital output. His answer was that they were concerned about getting wrapped up in a piracy debate. I don't think the absence of a digital connection should really concern anyone. It is unlikely that any extra a/d and d/a conversions will have a significant impact on the quality of streaming audio.

Why have the extra conversion in the first place? Besides.... I don't buy the piracy issue..... They have digital outs on DVD's, CD players, Minidisc players, and so on and so on..... You can even get digital outs for computer soundcards.

It may not have an extremely big impact on overall sound BUT it would be nice to have an ALL DIGITAL path to the processor/receiver. Being a computer guy by nature, I am more inclined to like pure digital paths, less room for error.

The IR1000 should have had the digital out.

Jeff

#48761 - 02/01/02 11:40 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

It ain't released yet... maybe there's still time! C'mon Outlaws! You're not going to let THE MAN force you to compromise on this, are you?

#48762 - 02/04/02 02:02 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
ukexpat Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJeff:
Why have the extra conversion in the first place? Besides.... I don't buy the piracy issue..... They have digital outs on DVD's, CD players, Minidisc players, and so on and so on..... You can even get digital outs for computer soundcards.

It may not have an extremely big impact on overall sound BUT it would be nice to have an ALL DIGITAL path to the processor/receiver. Being a computer guy by nature, I am more inclined to like pure digital paths, less room for error.

The IR1000 should have had the digital out.

Jeff

I just gave you the reason as they explained it to me. I didn't say that their reasoning was logical.

#48763 - 02/04/02 05:52 PM Re: IR1000 Pictures!
BigJeff Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
I appreciate the explanation, logical or not.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users