The RIAA will have its day. Microsoft has been put through the ringer (not that they are hurt too much by it). Don't be too suprised to see the RIAA have problems with the US government. They can only get away with that stuff for so long and they WILL have problems. You can only stretch the constitution to suit your needs so much.

Wherever there is copy protection, it will always be broken. Usually by a 13 year old in Sweeden. :-) DVD's copy protection is already hacked. It's only a matter of time (if it hasn't already happened) that DVD-Audio will hacked and so will SACD. I am not saying its right or wrong but you will always have the two sides battling. The RIAA is cocky and that may be its weakness. They may have closed down Napster and MP3.com BUT the mp3 format is here to stay no matter HOW MUCH money and fighting the RIAA throws at it.

Just my 2 cents. I'll get off my soap box. My point being the IR1000 should have had a digital output. Outlaws reasoning for not putting it on is not good one.

Jeff