Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48631 - 06/20/02 03:48 AM subwoofer connect or not
wata Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: monterey park calif
I have the ICBM hooked up between my receiver and amp.The manual says Do not connect the subwoofer output of your receiver or processor at this time.Can someone explain this?

Thanks

#48632 - 06/20/02 07:57 AM Re: subwoofer connect or not
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This very question came up here recently . My best answer at that time was posted there:

Quote:
I saw the comment in the ICBM manual about not hooking up the sub output "at this time" (page 6 for those of you reading along at home), but I think it may have been intended to help with setup. The "at this time" part makes me think they wanted to eliminate the .1 channel while tweaking crossovers, and I expected to find a note at the end of the section reminding you to go back and connect it. I didn't see it, but I may not have read far enough. You would want to make that connection, and the ICBM will function with that connection made (from what I understand about the ICBM, it would combine the .1 LFE channel with the crossed-over material from the other channels). If nobody else here chimes in with some confirmation of that, a quick e-mail to Outlaw could get you an answer.

The Outlaws could confirm this.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 212 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts