Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48627 - 06/02/02 01:15 AM Considering purchasing a ICBM
rchizz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mahwah, NJ, USA
Hi,
I saw an ICBM at the Home Entertainment Show in NY, and i'm considering purchasing one. I currently have a Denon 4800 Receiver, Denon POA-5200 amp for the mains, and a DVM 4800 DVD-Audio player. I would really like to use the ICBM for entire system bass management, however i would like to know is that feasible, and do i lose the bass management for dvd-audio If i use it for entire system management.

I appreciat any and all assistance.

Thanks,

Rchizz

#48628 - 06/02/02 12:47 PM Re: Considering purchasing a ICBM
billdean Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manakin-Sabot, VA USA
I'll take a shot at your question -

The ICBM has gotta go somewhere - If you put it between your DVD-A player and the receiver, it will manage the DVD-A only. If you put it between a pre-amp and separate amplification, it will manage the entire system. However, if you are using the receiver as a pre-pro and only using external amplification on the mains, the ICBM will only be effective on the mains - Unless you have "tape loop" connections for ALL channels - Then you could run IC's from the out's to the ICBM to the in's of each of the other channels.

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V2095 and a Parasound HCA-2205AT, with MY ICBM between the two.

Hope this helps.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM