Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48584 - 04/22/02 03:03 PM Low Pass Special / Normal Switch
Triple J Offline
Gunslinger

I am a little confused about setting this switch. Also I get confused over the terms low pass / high pass. I guess this has something to do with you are splitting the signal. It seems to me the ICBM cut-off is wherever you set it (per channel), and the down slope will be either 12db or 36db on the high side. Could anybody shed light on what this means and/or how this works in practice? Thx

#48585 - 04/22/02 03:32 PM Re: Low Pass Special / Normal Switch
billdean Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manakin-Sabot, VA USA
I have my ICBM between a Yamaha receiver and a 5 ch power amp.

The slope switch on the sub determines how abruptly, or how gradually, the sub transitions the signal from the other speakers to the sub. The 12 db slope is relatively gradual, and the bass appears to be somewhat overlapped. In the 36 db setting, the transition is more defined, and the bass sounds "tighter", but possibly less musical.

My NHT SubOne has a variable crossover with an 18 db crossover. I found that setting the ICBM to 12 db and the SubOne's 18 db crossover at the same point as the ICBM crossover gives me a smoother blending, as the the SubOne intended. I have not found a problem with the two crossovers interferring.

Try them both and see which you like best.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM