Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48521 - 12/27/01 07:18 PM Dumb Newbie Question
jshort Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
I have been real impressed reading the reviews and user opinions about the 1050 and ICBM-1. I will be putting together my first home theater shortly... and Outlaw is at the top of my equipment list.

I have been looking at the Sony DVP-NS500V as my DVD Player. One of the formats that it supports is SACD (but not DVD-A, rats). I am starting to get some music in SACD and would like to listen to it "in its fullest".

So... at first glance, the ICBM would be perfect for this player. However... I have a "simple" question about its use.

Since the DVD player can also play regular CDs (and DVDs, of course), would I need to plan to bypass the ICBM for those formats? Or... does the ICBM handle all formats with relative ease?

Thanks,

Jeff

#48522 - 01/01/02 09:38 PM Re: Dumb Newbie Question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
You could do a couple of things for CD's.

You could leave it as is and play them just like SACD's, in which case the ICBM would provide bass management. This would probably be fine. It would probably only be objectionable if you had really good main speakers and you wanted to listen to music through them alone, with no sub -- and if that's the case, you'll probably set the ICBM up for that anyway and bypass bass management on the mains entirely.

You could also use the DVD player's digital out as your connection for CD's and use the receiver's DAC (and it's internal bass management if needed) for CD listening. The first option is probably just fine, though

------------------
Gonk

Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM