Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48501 - 10/22/01 06:48 PM ICBM Purchase
gesc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico
Hello to all,

I am having a little trouble with the purchase of my own ICBM, it seems that purchases from Mexico are not well supported, contrary to popular opinion of the Outlaw customer service I have sent four messages for ordering and at the moment have not received a definitive answer.
Any more sad experiences like mine from anyone ?.

------------------
GESC(Mr.Couch Potato)

#48502 - 10/22/01 07:05 PM Re: ICBM Purchase
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That doesn't sound good... Have you tried calling (866 OUTLAWS / 866-688-5297)? I just looked at the online order form, and it seems to indicate that non-US orders should call to get shipping cost. I don't know what their office hours are -- they may only answer that number during the business day (and I'm pretty sure they are Eastern time). As for the lack of response from your e-mails, I don't know what's up.

Best of luck getting your order in.

#48503 - 10/22/01 08:56 PM Re: ICBM Purchase
Scott Offline
Desperado

I'll make sure you have a definitive answer by the end of business tomorrow. I apologize for the aggravations you have experienced. Your request was outside our normal realm of business, but should not have fallen through the cracks. Thank you for your understanding and patience thus far.

Scott

#48504 - 10/26/01 02:14 PM Re: ICBM Purchase
gesc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello,

Finally I got my order placed and paid (just yesterday 10/25/01)and today I am waiting for my confirmation and details. As it shows, I still got faith in you Outlaws.
thanks to "gonk" for the advise and to Scott for the explanation, I´ll tell you when my ICBM arrives.

Bye for the moment.

------------------
GESC(Mr.Couch Potato)

#48505 - 10/26/01 02:30 PM Re: ICBM Purchase
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Excellent! Glad to hear you got it worked out. I'll be curious to hear what your impression of the ICBM is.

#48506 - 11/05/01 06:37 PM Re: ICBM Purchase
gesc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Finally I received my ICBM, My total cost paid was $487.83 'cause includes shipping to Mexico and Customs duties, really I don't mind my cost, this device made the sound of my Panasonic DVD-RP91 whole, DVD-A at the beginning sounded very detailed but thin, now sounds awesome, My subwoofer never went as deep and tight as with the ICBM, now my mains (B&W DM601S2) blend perfectly with the sub, even the bass from DVD-Video is much more defined than with the bass manager from my Yamaha RXV-995 receiver, I now much rather use the decoders from the RP91 than the Yamaha´s just because of the bass. Only one advise. When using DVD-V through the 5.1 inputs set the RXV-995 bass manager to neutral, as the volume and soundstage increases. Funny, if you use the 5.1 input you should not be affected by the receiver´s bass manager, as there is no management taking place, but really affected the performance of the ICBM. I don´t know if it is just the Yamaha model or just my unit. Also the ICBM manual states that you should put all speakers to large with the sub on when connecting between a pre-amp and an amp, not when using a DVD-A and a receiver, I think it is impossible to know all the right configurations, no blame to Outlaw Audio.
In the end the ICBM does as promised very well, I am a satisfied and happy customer.

bye.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts