well I did it folks- i returned my 770 amp. I am still testing the 950 though. For what it's worth, the 770 works good enough in a small HT room. If that was the only application for this amp, then I would consider keeping it. I have a/b'ed the amp with my aragon X5 and a friends Parasounds 2205. We did try a double blind test and matched the outputs as best a RS meter could. Both of us liked the Aragon the best in terms of detail ande depth in 2 channel analog. The parasound and 770 was a toss up- I liked the outlaw, and he liked the parasound. Eitherway, the outlaw did not match the aragon which is why it is going back.

The differences- couldnt put my finger on it, but the aragon provided more detail and clarity. At higher volumes, it became even more noticable- not sure if my 4 ohm ribbons (which drop to almost 2 ohms) had anything to do with it??

Anyways, after much listening, the 770 is going back. If I was going to purchase a dedicated HT amp, this would do fine. I think in terms of value though, the heavily discounted parasounds or earthquake cineovas are hard to beat.