Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48163 - 05/13/02 11:29 AM 755 made by ATI
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Here is a quote from the president of ATI from an e-mail he sent me.
"Outlaw is made by ATI and the Outlaw amps are lower cost,stripped down versions of ATI(smaller power supplies,less # of output transistors,thinner sheet metal in cabinet,etc) They are targed for the entry level, first time customer of a separate power amp"
I've seen discussion as to who and where 755 is made,
I've just about decided to go with the Rotel 125x5 amp due mainly to the weight issue. Rotel is 38# vs Outlaws 80#. My equip is in a large entertainment center which equals wrestling match.

#48164 - 05/13/02 11:57 AM Re: 755 made by ATI
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
If the 755 is a stripped down ATI with less sheet metal in it... I shudder to think what the ATI's weigh!

I'm unaware of any ATI 7x200 amps on the market, though.

#48165 - 05/13/02 02:54 PM Re: 755 made by ATI
Gunslinger

The weight I saw listed for them was about the same. It's supposedly on the way.(5x200) I'm not saying that the quote is true - just reporting what the pres told me.

#48166 - 05/13/02 03:09 PM Re: 755 made by ATI
Scott Offline
Desperado

Steve,

Here are some facts to help clear the air:

1) The president of ATI is Morris Kessler. He does not email anyone.

2) It is a well known fact that the Outlaw amplifiers are built at the same factory that builds ATI, and other quality amplifier brands.

3) Contrary to what has been written, anyone that has examined, an ATI 1505 and an Outlaw 750 knows that the design and topology are different-both quality products. The Outlaw 750 does not have thinner sheet metal. The chassis was built to house an extremely robust amplifier and heavy design (anything less than that would be silly since they would be destroyed in shipment).

4) The Model 750 was the first amplifier to use an opti-coupler protection system (not present in the 1505). This innovative circuit allows an amplifier to play flawlessly until fault conditions exist with no audible distortion. It was the first of its type and has since been copied by other amplifiers.

5) The 750 was awarded Stereophile Guide to Home Theater's Editor's Choice Gold Award, as well as Audio Review's Consumers Choice Award. We have never considered the 750 an "entry level" power amplifier. The only thing "entry level" about it is its price!

Moving on to the 755 and 770, they are both massive (lbs) Each channel contains 10 matched output devices, substantial by any measure. In our humble opinion, the Model 750 was, and the new 755/770 are, the best values anywhere for a power amplifier period.

We at Outlaw are looking forward to both consumer and professional reviews of these remarkable products.

Scott

#48167 - 05/13/02 07:08 PM Re: 755 made by ATI
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
Matthew: Yes, they do make a 7 channel amp. The AT3007, which weighs/are you ready 118lbs. ImVERY familar with this group having purchased a SAE amp in the early 70s and now using a Carver TFM55x. These ATI(formally SAE) are, sorry Outlaws, a clear cut above the Outlaw breed. Im very impressed with the Outlaw products as I too am on a waiting list for a 950. bUT, these are really bruts with really massive power supply(ATI2500 has a 3K transfer, compared to the 750 with a 1.5K(I believe the 755 has a 2K) which should be more than enough for almost anyone. I am probably going the stack 1506 route as these are bridgable and will give me about 800+ into mt Walsh 5's, a speaker with a sen rating around 83! ATI(Sae) are a company who builds amps/preamps to last. I am still using there SAE 1B preamp in another room and its still clean except the switches are a little gritty. Of course, the cost factor makes the 750/755 hard to pass up/ if they would come out with a brigable amp they would have my business , but, I have some unusual power demands. I mean a Carver 350 watt amp is sucked dry from these speakers, so I need a really huge power supply in the 3k range. Either way, I would bet the farm that either of these amps will give you MANY years of service!

#48168 - 05/13/02 07:09 PM Re: 755 made by ATI
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Here are some facts to help clear the air:

Thanks for speaking out on this subject Scott. These "rumors" seem to pop up frequently.

#48169 - 05/13/02 10:34 PM Re: 755 made by ATI
Gunslinger

Scott,
Thanks for your reply. Some questions:
#1 E-mail was signed by Ralph Keyslay who listed himself as President. He was responding to my price inquiry and stated the 1505 is no longer available that they had a new 6 channel on the way???

#2 What exacly is the difference between "made in the same factory" and "made by the company that owns and runs the factory"?????
I don't disagree with anything else you said - just reporting what was told me by a supposed company official. I never thought the Outlaw amps were in thinner metal as they are heavy as hell. The value is definately there. It really doesn't matter to me if they make it and use less expensive parts as long as the sound is good. You wouldn't offer a 5yr. warranty if the stuff was really cheap!

#48170 - 05/14/02 12:48 AM Re: 755 made by ATI
Mad Dog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Both ATI and Outlaw amps are great values IMO. I own an ATI AT2505 which is an AWESOME amp and since the Outlaw amps are manufactured in the same facility albeit to different specs, I'm sure that they are also excellent amps for the price. Surely not "entry" level amps IMO. If you can afford ATI, buy one and you won't be disappointed...If you don't want to spend the extra $$$ for the ATI, then get the Outlaw and I'm sure you won't be disappointed either. Both are fine amps.

[This message has been edited by Mad Dog (edited May 14, 2002).]

#48171 - 05/14/02 09:27 AM Re: 755 made by ATI
Scott Offline
Desperado

The factory that builds our unit and the ATI unit also manufacturers under contract several other brands of power amplifiers. Some of these models are made for very famous large companies in conventional distribution. Other models are for the rapidly growing custom installation area. Suffice it to say, that the Outlaw power amps are only a small portion of what comes out of this factory, but the design is our own. To anticipate your next question, our circuitry is entirely different than that of the ATI designs.

#48172 - 05/14/02 10:52 AM Re: 755 made by ATI
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Hmm, I don't see the AT3007 listed on their website, http://www.ati-amp.com/ Is a discontinued model?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts