Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48106 - 03/09/02 08:20 PM This guy know something I dont
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
Came across this at HTF http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54991&perpage=30&pagenumber=2 Thought it was very interesting. Maybe we will be hearing something soon, or else maybe we should just start ordering our 755 amp now. Seems he feels awfully confident his amp is shipping next week did I miss something?

#48107 - 03/09/02 10:33 PM Re: This guy know something I dont
stott Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
He sure seemed confident. Of course he was a beta tester. Maybe he does know something.

I will remain hopeful.

------------------
Stott

#48108 - 03/11/02 03:17 AM Re: This guy know something I dont
Robert A. Fowkes Offline
Gunslinger

As the "guy" being talked about here, let me clarify a few things.

Yes, I was a beta tester for the 950 but there is no insidious plot at work here. During the beta testing, in one of my discussions with Outlaw I mentioned that I would like to purchase a 750 to provide amplification to replace my soon-to-be-departed Denon 5700 (I also have three Marantz MA-700 Monoblocks). Once I placed the order they let me know that they were completely sold out of the 750 and would sell me a 755 for the same price (as indicated in the newsletter that recently came out).

The reason I'm getting my 755 this week is because Outlaw agreed to sell me the "reference sample" because they are so confident that production will not need to "refer" to it any more. And as we speak the production line is humming.

No beta test. No special consideration other than being in the right place at the right time. And the fact that it is the reference sample is a two edged sword. True, it has been "used" to some extent. But that means it has already been broken in a bit (it's not exactly the same as a "used" car or other demo gear). And, usually the reference sample, being not mass produced, is checked out a bit more than a production-line unit. Other than that, and since it is not a "beta" unit, it is identical in every way to the final product (unlike my 950 which will eventually be upgraded to the production model once it is released.)

Since I'm not an Outlaw, I don't have access to, nor do I claim to know, the actual shipping date for the 755 but, from my experience, it is very, very close.

My 755 will arrive (depending on UPS) either Tuesday or Wednesday since it has been shipped.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 02/14/02) Now includes Outlaw 950

My HT - Updated 05/29/07

Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM