Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#48036 - 08/13/03 01:14 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
willywaxer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, OR
As the king of car analogies, I must say some people drive around just fine with the stock batteries that came with their cars. Those that tweak their rides or go offroad know the value of a quality aftermarket battery. Likewise, a good set of heavy duty, super insulated plug leads can make a world of differrence. Others drive along just fine oblivious to these subtle enhancements.

#48037 - 02/03/04 07:59 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
9ChargerFan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Horn Lake,MS
Quote:

BTW, I do own interconnects that retail at $1400/meter, and power cords that retail at $1500 (OK, so I got a good deal). They work too. An upgraded power cord in particular is critical for the 950. It doesn't have to be an expensive one (the one I use for the 950 cost me $50) but the right cord can greatly enhance the musical ability of the unit.

[/B]

What power cord did you upgrade to on the 950 and where can you get one? Thanks, Kevin

#48038 - 02/03/04 08:30 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
If you reread this entire thread a little more carefully, you'll see that every response that was made after the post you just quoted is really a good bit of sarcasm. Most people in the saloon tend to believe that changing 6 feet of power cable between your 950 and the wall is not really going to change anything about your system.

If you are still interested in "high-end" power cables, check your local hi-fi store. There are plenty out there seeking your hard earned money. Here's one example:

www.psaudio.com/products/xstream_power_statement.asp

and here's another:

www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/powercables.htm

#48039 - 02/03/04 09:49 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
9ChargerFan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Horn Lake,MS
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
If you reread this entire thread a little more carefully, you'll see that every response that was made after the post you just quoted is really a good bit of sarcasm. Most people in the saloon tend to believe that changing 6 feet of power cable between your 950 and the wall is not really going to change anything about your system.

If you are still interested in "high-end" power cables, check your local hi-fi store. There are plenty out there seeking your hard earned money. Here's one example:

www.psaudio.com/products/xstream_power_statement.asp

and here's another:

www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/powercables.htm

Thanks for the advice, but I did read the thread quite carefully. I feel personally that if a person thinks that a cable, be it power or interconnect, can make a difference in their system, that is for them to decide. I was simply asking what cable dybbuk chose to replace his stock cable with.

#48040 - 02/06/04 02:02 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
readster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bartlesville, OK USA
I've got the monster hts-5100, and it works great. They definately work. I paid $699 for mine, and i think it is well worth it. It does improve the sound, as well as the video clarity.

#48041 - 02/07/04 04:31 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
Anyone have an opinion of the (custom) VansEvers altered power strips? See:

http://www.vansevers.com/

for his "home-theater" device.

Jay

#48042 - 02/10/04 01:54 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
Here's another surge protector/line conditioner that seems different. It doesn't use MOVs and it's literature is very convincing. Anyone have an opinion on:

www.pricewheeler.com

They make an audio "brick wall" device for $249 that looks promising.

Jay

#48043 - 02/10/04 04:22 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
you would be nuts to not protect your equipment with something, but make sure it can handle everything you plan on connecting. speaking of funny, i like those companies that sell a $3000 power cord, now that is funny. i am partial to good quality (not outrageous) cabling, but NOT FOR SPENDING MORE THAN A COMPONENT on a stupid power cord.

#48044 - 02/10/04 04:45 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Here’s a way to get some good power cords that’s financially more sensible.
http://www.venhaus1.com/diymains.html

#48045 - 02/11/04 12:16 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Any truth to the notion that a power amp will be restricted to its performance if hooked up to a surge protector? I have my 770 and by sub's amp hooked up to separate surge protectors to "protect" the auto on circuits. Good idea or bad?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM