Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#48036 - 08/13/03 01:14 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
willywaxer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, OR
As the king of car analogies, I must say some people drive around just fine with the stock batteries that came with their cars. Those that tweak their rides or go offroad know the value of a quality aftermarket battery. Likewise, a good set of heavy duty, super insulated plug leads can make a world of differrence. Others drive along just fine oblivious to these subtle enhancements.

#48037 - 02/03/04 07:59 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
9ChargerFan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Horn Lake,MS
Quote:

BTW, I do own interconnects that retail at $1400/meter, and power cords that retail at $1500 (OK, so I got a good deal). They work too. An upgraded power cord in particular is critical for the 950. It doesn't have to be an expensive one (the one I use for the 950 cost me $50) but the right cord can greatly enhance the musical ability of the unit.

[/B]

What power cord did you upgrade to on the 950 and where can you get one? Thanks, Kevin

#48038 - 02/03/04 08:30 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
If you reread this entire thread a little more carefully, you'll see that every response that was made after the post you just quoted is really a good bit of sarcasm. Most people in the saloon tend to believe that changing 6 feet of power cable between your 950 and the wall is not really going to change anything about your system.

If you are still interested in "high-end" power cables, check your local hi-fi store. There are plenty out there seeking your hard earned money. Here's one example:

www.psaudio.com/products/xstream_power_statement.asp

and here's another:

www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/powercables.htm

#48039 - 02/03/04 09:49 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
9ChargerFan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Horn Lake,MS
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
If you reread this entire thread a little more carefully, you'll see that every response that was made after the post you just quoted is really a good bit of sarcasm. Most people in the saloon tend to believe that changing 6 feet of power cable between your 950 and the wall is not really going to change anything about your system.

If you are still interested in "high-end" power cables, check your local hi-fi store. There are plenty out there seeking your hard earned money. Here's one example:

www.psaudio.com/products/xstream_power_statement.asp

and here's another:

www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/powercables.htm

Thanks for the advice, but I did read the thread quite carefully. I feel personally that if a person thinks that a cable, be it power or interconnect, can make a difference in their system, that is for them to decide. I was simply asking what cable dybbuk chose to replace his stock cable with.

#48040 - 02/06/04 02:02 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
readster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bartlesville, OK USA
I've got the monster hts-5100, and it works great. They definately work. I paid $699 for mine, and i think it is well worth it. It does improve the sound, as well as the video clarity.

#48041 - 02/07/04 04:31 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
Anyone have an opinion of the (custom) VansEvers altered power strips? See:

http://www.vansevers.com/

for his "home-theater" device.

Jay

#48042 - 02/10/04 01:54 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
Here's another surge protector/line conditioner that seems different. It doesn't use MOVs and it's literature is very convincing. Anyone have an opinion on:

www.pricewheeler.com

They make an audio "brick wall" device for $249 that looks promising.

Jay

#48043 - 02/10/04 04:22 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
you would be nuts to not protect your equipment with something, but make sure it can handle everything you plan on connecting. speaking of funny, i like those companies that sell a $3000 power cord, now that is funny. i am partial to good quality (not outrageous) cabling, but NOT FOR SPENDING MORE THAN A COMPONENT on a stupid power cord.

#48044 - 02/10/04 04:45 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Here’s a way to get some good power cords that’s financially more sensible.
http://www.venhaus1.com/diymains.html

#48045 - 02/11/04 12:16 PM Re: Power Line Conditioners - science or scam ?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Any truth to the notion that a power amp will be restricted to its performance if hooked up to a surge protector? I have my 770 and by sub's amp hooked up to separate surge protectors to "protect" the auto on circuits. Good idea or bad?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts