Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47673 - 08/22/03 09:40 PM Compisite in and out?????
bachs Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: bamberg, sc, usa
I cannot get composite from my DVD to appear OUT of the 950 to the TV.

The DVD was set up and hooked up Composite straight to the TV but I thought I'd try to route it through the 950..
It doesn;t want to go....

Jim Dennis

#47674 - 08/23/03 01:17 PM Re: Compisite in and out?????
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
The correct composite video output jack would be MONITOR output.
It is labelled no. 16 on page 9 of your owner's manual.
Any available and 'stand-alone' composite input jack should work on your TV. I say stand-alone because some monitors have both a composite and S-Video connector on one input, and only one of those can be used at a time.
Although it is not clear to me why you would be using a composite output from your DVD player? Normally, you use the monitor output from the 950 to view the 950's set up display.
And either the component (preferred) or S-Vdieo out from your DVD player would go directly to the TV.
Yes, you could 'switch' either through the 950 if it is necessary, but I prefer shorter and more direct connections myself, unless your configuration is such you have too many video inputs than your TV input/output panel can handle.
In that case you set them up logically with the 950, as A/V 1, A/V 2, A/V 3, and so on.
(see no. 13 on Page 9)

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited August 23, 2003).]

#47675 - 08/25/03 10:18 AM Re: Compisite in and out?????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I assume that your TV lacks an s-video or component video input. I'm in a somewhat similar position, as my TV lacks component inputs. If you have either, though, they would be preferable.

To use the 950's video switching, connect the composite video output from the DVD player to the DVD composite input on the 950. Connect the composite monitor out to the TV's input (the same one you used when you connected directly from DVD to TV). When the DVD input is selected in the 950, the video signal from the DVD player will go to the TV. Likewise, connecting a VCR's video output to the VCR video in on the 950 and selecting the VCR input would send the VCR's signal to the TV.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts