Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47572 - 08/07/03 10:32 PM 2 channel stereo with sub
flavomax Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: rochester,mi,usa
can i listen to 2 channel stereo with my sub on with speakers set to large or do thay need to be set to small, will the 950 remember this whenever i listen to 2 channel stereo??

------------------
flav

#47573 - 08/08/03 01:44 AM Re: 2 channel stereo with sub
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by flavomax:
can i listen to 2 channel stereo with my sub on with speakers set to large or do thay need to be set to small, will the 950 remember this whenever i listen to 2 channel stereo??

If your sub is connected to the "Sub Output" at the back of the 950, then yes, you must set-up the front (main) speakers to small to have the low-pass signal sent to the sub.

In Stereo Bypass mode, the full range stereo signal is sent to the main speakers, regardless of a "large" or"small" speakers setting. In Bypass, with the main speakers set to small, I believe that the sub will also get the low-pass signal from the 950's digital side, as it parallel processes the signal. You will get double bass below the crossover, so you should use a low crossover point (near the bottom end of your mains) for this configuration.

And No, I don't believe you can save the settings for each Source.

Welcome to Outlaw.

Allan

[This message has been edited by AGAssarsson (edited August 08, 2003).]

#47574 - 08/24/03 08:56 PM Re: 2 channel stereo with sub
dmorphy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Snellville, GA USA
I just bought a Rel Q201E and it allows you to use a high level connector in addition to low-level (both active at the same time}. If I understand correctly, I can set my speakers to large and the sub still picks up any bass below the crossover point I choose on the sub's panel. I have now effectively lowered the frequency response of my inexpensive Maggie MMGs to below 20Hz and the sub integrates so well you can hardly tell when the sub takes over.

This feature along with the terrifically quick response of the Rel for music is the main reason I chose it. Unfortunately, I don't think many subs offer this feature, but I may be mistaken.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts