Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47523 - 07/31/03 09:22 AM Cirrus Triple Crossover Issue?
Rob_k Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi everyone!

Audioholics did a review of the Sherbourn PT-7000. In that review there is some disturbing information about the Cirrus Triple Crossover.

I was wondering if both the Outlaw 950 and the Sherbourn PT-7000 share the same microcode for bass management and is this issue fixable?

Just to quote..

"On a positive note, the PT-7000 does have selectable crossover settings from 40-150Hz in six steps, and also incorporates Cirrus Logics “Triple Crossover” feature, which after experiencing it, I considered renaming it to “Triple Headache”. In theory, the “Triple Crossover” is supposed to allow independent crossover settings for front, center and rear channels. One might wonder what crossover setting the subwoofer gets as a result. Well I was one who wondered and thus I tested this feature using my trusty Avia disc and Radio Shack SPL meter. What I found was the subwoofer crossover setting was dependent on the front main channels setting regardless if the front main channels were set to large or small. As a result, I found that if I had the rears and/or center set to say 160Hz, while the front mains were set to 60Hz, a gap of 100Hz of bass was prominent between the rear/center channels and the subwoofer. Thus the 100Hz gap of bass was not reproduced by any channel. For this reason, I recommend setting all channels crossover settings equal, or at least within 20Hz of each other."

#47524 - 07/31/03 10:26 AM Re: Cirrus Triple Crossover Issue?
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello Rob_k,

Welcome to the Saloon!

This is not an issue with the Model 950. This review and issue was discussed here

Best,

Scott

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts